New KOF Revenge Arcade rules or the ones we have?

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
Okay yes another thread for another KOF game, but yes it comes with another poll!! That's right!!

Why? First off:

1. KOF Revenge from what I've gathered from Fiol is 2k2UM with extra backgrounds. There's a loke test going for it today in China and tomorrow I believe in another part of China that Vice Vecta will be at. Therefore, this complicates the issue. So this is a poll and info for the game all at once.

Questions we need answered:

1. Is this an upgrade of console 2k2UM for the Arcade?
2. If so what else besides the graphics have been changed?
3. Is it enough of an upgrade to warrant us changing the rules to "arcade rules?"

So I will let you all decide what you think we should do, because as of now, I have had a poll on 6-7 forums (the same one as SRK) that while it may not have been as objective as I would've liked in retrospect, Option 3 won, meaning EX characters + Geese+Goenitz overall are legal.

At my Raging Storm 2009 Major, Geese + ex characters are legal, but Goenitz will be banned due to how Mexico has banned Goenitz but has the Ex characters and regular Geese legal.

So here are your choices:

In regards to console rules for 2k2UM tournaments when KOF Revenge hits the arcades:

1. Go with the KOF Revenge Arcade rules (whatever they are)
2. Keep the rules how you have them

Ends Saturday April 18th, 2009 at 3:00 PM CST.

I couldve made a poll-stupid me, but I'll just count them up.

-DG

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Its said to be the improved version of KOF 2002 UM on the PS2 which suffered from some bugs(sort of...)..

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
What the hell is KOF Revenge? 2K UM Redone?
A loketest-ing arcade version of 2002UM. Here's the info (and photos), as posted on Cyberfanatix.
After we got the heads up from a surprising loketest of KOF 2002 UM (now dubbed in Chinese as Road of Revenge), yours truly and Mystic Monkey Guru decided to cover this event. As we arrived, we found out that the core game it’s exactly as the PS2 version of the title, however, it does have included the EX characters that are unlockable in the console version (Takuma, Kensou and Robert). There are no apparent changes from the console port to the arcade one, have exactly the same stages (none of the ones displayed in Dr. Neogeo blog), same music, same characters and of course, no bosses selectable (yes, no normal or Nightmare Geese either).

As the matches progressed, an assistant (presumably from SNK-P) was distributing feedback sheets to the players asking mainly 6 questions regarding favorite characters, suggestions about the interface, a rating from 1 to 5, reporting bugs or broken stuff and if you would considering having a further revision of the game if necessary.

I submitted some of the already known problems like Hinako’s infinite and then some Japanese men approached me with my struggles in understanding Chinese… and happened to be members of SNK-P that were monitoring the loketest, including Dr. Neogeo himself, so, I asked if he could grant me a small, informal interview about this title.
--Chris