Neo Controller Extension Cables

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
I was wondering what people recommend for a Neo-Geo extension cable. I heard the Belkin one was good, but I don't want to go buying until I'm sure.

Thanks!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, if you want to go cheap, just buy a regular PC joypad extension cable (the 15 pins one), they cost arround 5$ in any computer/electronics store.. You'll have to make sure the female end is made from plastic and not metal, as you will have to cut it a bit in order to fit in the deeper sockets of your neo.

That's very resourcful Amano. Where did you learn about something like that? I'd like to see pictures of that if possible.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Amano Jacu:
<strong>You'll have to make sure the female end is made from plastic and not metal, as you will have to cut it a bit in order to fit in the deeper sockets of your neo.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Amano, are the plastic ones easy to find? I mean, all I've ever seen is the metal type (with the two small screws on the sides) which is just unsuitable for Neo purposes. Buying the Belkin one is hardly worth in my case as having it shipped to Italy will raise the costs quite a lot...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Oh well, you know there was a lot of discussion lately about modding controllers, that's where I learned this about the PC extension cables. In fact I wanted it to mod a controller to work in my supergun, that has the Neo pin-out but the socket is not as deep, so I didn't need really to cut the femal end (I did because that way I could also use the modified controller in my Neo Geo CD).
I went to a electronics shop here in Barcelona and found these cables for 6 euro each. The end is made from plastic so with a knife and some minutes I cut the end so it works in my neo.
Sorry I can't make pictures as I'm in Pittsburgh, if you want when I return in August I'll do some.
Anyway I think I saw some cables like this in ebay for as low as 3$.
If you want more info just ask.