whats this switch called

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
12pdt? where can i find one? i have been looking on newark.com but no luck yet

mailgooglecom.jpg

jediurchin

Crazed MVS Addict
Maplin in the UK have one but its only got 9 pins instead of the 12 that 1 has. Very strange looking beast though!

jediurchin

Crazed MVS Addict
Ive absolutely no idea what its for, Never seen anything like it before :D

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I would call it a slide or wafer switch. Sometimes see them in radios for band switching. what is the application here ?- you could probably do the same thing with a rotary switch. What are we actually switching btw. Notice that most of the connections are not used.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Ive absolutely no idea what its for, Never seen anything like it before :D

:D = you sure?

its actually a region mod switch on a turbo duo. I have been using 74hc4066 to do the mods but its a complete PITA wiring every pin. I bought this duo to mod and it already had it done , very simple looking.
I want a couple of these switches and also trying to figure out how this thing is working. something is really weird i will try to draw something out see if i can get an explanation.
this has me all bothered because i have been looking for an easier mod.
I know someone in the past went through the trouble of making region mod "kit" all the IC's on a pcb but don't think they were sold as such. i think it was just the modders own thing.

Its hard to tell but all 24 connections are being used

ok i started to draw the schematic and it cant be a 12PDT it has to be a 8PDT switch or a 12PST push button ----now to figure out if its a on off or momentary .

Last edited:

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
If it's for a TG/PCE region mod then it's a 8PDT.

Edit: You can get a switch like that here or here.

Last edited:

jediurchin

Crazed MVS Addict
If its the same as this:
fh69a.jpg

This is the description from maplin.co.uk:

Very high quality, low-cost push-button switch, capable of operating as either push-on/push-off (locking), momentary push only (non-locking). The push-on/push-off action (latching action) is provided by a wire detent. To make the switch a momentary action switch (non-latching action) the wire detent is pulled from the latching mechanism in the switch body and placed on one outside edge of the switch. The other end of the wire detent must be left in under the spring as this prevents the plunger falling out.

Their words, not mine! :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Where do you get that small PCB for the region mod?