KOF XII for XBOX 360 Street Date broken...

Mai-bukkake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
003.jpg

Just thought any of you in Las Vegas would like to know that the street date for KOF XII has been broken a month or so early by several 7-11s and Fry's Electronics, full details and pics are here. But the jist of it is this:

elp, if you remember awhile back I had brought up that 7-Eleven had been breaking street dates right and left ever since they started getting into the game selling business and while they had promised to curb this kind of shit, it looks like not only 1 major title (for me at least) but two others are chummily sitting together next to the cigarettes and girly mags (’cause video games are SERIOUS BIZNESS YO).

Best part of this? Fucking KOF XII!!! They really dropped the ball on this one, as that isn’t supposed to come out for another month or two as SNK hypes up their newest and completely redrawn next-gen title. They haven’t even unlocked the teaser website yet. And, nice work by the way Sevey, some Madden spin-off and some FIFA (not that I care) are also on the shelves two weeks early. So if you’re near a 7-Eleven, you may just want to pop in and see if their idiots who just stock shelves or hard working employees that appreciate ‘Do not stock until blah blah’ stickers like the rest of the universe.

Chances are since the street date has been broken, at least here, Wal-Mart and the rest will probably drop trough and join in the fun. But for now at least you can still check 7-Elevens in your area, though the one on Horizon and Horizon Ridge is definately out as I snapped that copy right up (sorry Jango).

I’ll have some more in-depth first impressions as I go, but for now, here’s a screen shot of the cover (kinda alright, needs more color!) and a screen-shot of the game in motion. Sorry about the quality, I don’t have my good camera today, nor do I have my Fuji-film which records video.

The XBOX 360 d-pad is still crap, but it looks like SNK made the game a bit easier to utilize this problem as I was pulling off uppercuts most of the time (or maybe actually, you know I’m getting better at fighting games ^_^) Graphics are sick, fluid as hell, music is kinda ok. Jazzy hip-hop techno? Whatevs. Great character selection, with my favorites being very bouncy. Judging by the cover and the empty spaces, there are about 10 unlockables, but I’ve never been much of a KOF buff so I have no idea. There is definately some DLC as when you go to play online, it shows some new content but you can’t get to it. Looks like 400 MS points which is like? $6 bucks? Fucking DLC. I’d try and connect to an online match but I’m afraid my 360 account would get banned so, I’m not playing this online.

More later.

- Tenno

EDIT: Ok, I actually thought this warranted some work, so I called up my friend Wing at Fry’s, same thing there with the SE edition on shelves for $79.99 which is too much. Comes with second DVD Making of KOF XII, mini-poster, and key-chain. Not worth $20 extra bucks.

EDIT: Called Fry’s again. They keep saying they don’t have the game. My friend is sending me a pic of it on the shelf. This is awesome.​

It's pretty decent so far. They really worked it so the d-pad 'reads' better for the 360. I have no idea if the PS3 version has also broken.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Do you mean KOF XII? The one in arcades still?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Nice try April Fool Neophyte.

That cover artwork is for KOFXI. I have the PS2 game.

Clessy

Banned
Shitty job all you did was print out XI's cover and change it to say XII :(

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Are you saying the photos were shopped?

You're saying you actually believed that bullshit? It's nothing but Hiroaki's KOFXI artwork. And you actually believed it today, of all days?

Are you always a credulous idiot, or is it just on April 1st?

Mai-bukkake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You're saying you actually believed that bullshit? It's nothing but Hiroaki's KOFXI artwork. And you actually believed it today, of all days?

Are you always a credulous idiot, or is it just on April 1st?

I actually had no idea that KOF XI was even out, I hadn't seen that artwork.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Am i missing something?

I know its an April fool....but that IS KOFXII art not KOFXI....

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I know its an April fool....but that IS KOFXII art not KOFXI....

Ummm... no, it's not. Oswald and Elisabeth aren't in KOFXII.

i241453_kofXIposter06.jpg

It's literally JUST the KOFXII logo pasted onto this image. It's not even a decent attempt at a prank. KOF ELEVEN has been out for years now.

Is there a pandemic of stupid infecting this thread, or what? Jesus.

Last edited:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Erm the image at the top of this thread is this image:

003.jpg

Which is clearly the KOFXII art as kensou and iori are both in their new costumes and raidens on it....

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
yeah, it looks like KOF XII alright, im not sure if this is some April's Fool joke, but it is acutally KOF XII.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

i241453_kofXIposter06.jpg

It's literally JUST the KOFXII logo pasted onto this image. It's not even a decent attempt at a prank. KOF ELEVEN has been out for years now.

??

003.jpg

Now those images aren't the same are they?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

No its not, what the fuck are you talking about?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Hahahaha Well I thought it was a pretty nice prank.

APRIL FOOLS!!
I actually fucking hated it! :tickled: