Adjusting the monitor and such on my candy

K'99

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I noticed that at the bottom left part of the screen where the credits are displayed, the screen is a little purple. It's nothing major as the rest of the pictures looks fine, but I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the color or even the contrast for that matter. I know my old Big Red had the adjustment knobs in front of the control panel when lifted, but I can't seem to find on this cab. Do they even exist? Also, is there anyway to select the game without using the select button? I know this might sound like a stupid question, but the cab doesn't have one installed. There's a place for it, but I can tell it was removed and capped off.

goodcabpics001.jpg

Last edited:

li_gangyi

n00b
Look around for magnetic sources near that affected area, speakers etc. Degausing might help.

K'99

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I did actually put a small sub in there that was with the computer speakers I bought,lol. Original ones crapped out and these little guys are amazing. How do you degauss the monitor in these?

li_gangyi

n00b
Try moving the sub away to see if it fixes the problem.

The monitor is degaussed during turn on I believe, if you want to degause it a couple of times, you'd have to switch it on, switch it off, wait a while for it to cool (a posistor in there prevents you from degausing multiple times as well as turning off the degauss coil gradually), then switch it on again.

If the subwoofer's magnetiic field is affecting the monitor though, no amount of degaussing will fix it. The degauss process just removes residual magnetism when the source is gone.

Last edited:

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Also, is there anyway to select the game without using the select button? I know this might sound like a stupid question, but the cab doesn't have one installed. There's a place for it, but I can tell it was removed and capped off.

goodcabpics001.jpg

If it's a multi-slot, the only way to select a game without changing carts out is with the select button. I don't know why it would have been removed. Look online for a manual to the mvs you have (hardmvs.com should have it) and find out which JAMMA button used for the select button on the mvs (I think it's the 5th push button) then remove the cap, place the button there and connect the wire for the button signal and a ground wire to it.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Actually, there is a way to choose games without the select button. Program the board so that it cycles through all the games even when a credit is inserted. When the game you want to play comes on, press the start button to play. Of course waiting for the game you want to play to show up is a pain in the ass so wire up and install a select button already ;)

K'99

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Even after pulling the speakers and sub out and turning the cab on and off , it still has the discoloration at the bottom.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Don't you have a degauss button on your PSU?

And lift the bezel to get to the controls.... The are on the bottom of the monitor.

K'99

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I do actually have a degauss button, but it seems to do nothing.

li_gangyi

n00b
The button should make the screen go all wobbly and such, if the degauss isn't hooked up, you'll not get the degauss action during turn on either.

If the degauss coil around the monitor is missing entirely, might be a good time to pickup a degauss wand that does the job better (but you need some elbow grease with that).

K'99

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Ok, so it's not plugged in but the only other wire connector I could find in there was this.

kittyanddegauss029.jpg

kittyanddegauss032.jpg

Last edited:

K'99

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
The button should make the screen go all wobbly and such, if the degauss isn't hooked up, you'll not get the degauss action during turn on either.

If the degauss coil around the monitor is missing entirely, might be a good time to pickup a degauss wand that does the job better (but you need some elbow grease with that).

Where would I buy a degauss wand?