consolized

sy32

n00b
Hi, i am looking into making my own consolized mv1b, this is something i have never done before. can anyone help me please. i live in the uk so the jack pin are rca if that helps anyone. thanks simon

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
If you use the search tool you should find most of the information you need. Use that to get you started and then you can post back specific questions if you need and I'm sure someone would be able to help you out.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Hi, i am looking into making my own consolized mv1b, this is something i have never done before. can anyone help me please. i live in the uk so the jack pin are rca if that helps anyone. thanks simon

If in the UK never use RCA, use glorious RGB via the scart connect.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Personally I wouldn't consolize an MV-1B as it doesn't have support for adding a memory card reader. The MV1, MV-4F and MV-6F have support for a reader, and the MV-2F has a reader built in. To really make the MV-1B like a console, you'd also have to add things like the headphone jack and joystick ports, which the MV-2F already has.

sy32

n00b
Hey Simon, Ive just finished my MV-1B as can be seen here http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194431
what info do you need to know?
Hello
I have a few questions, can you tell me if you used just one of the +5v pins and the gnd pins to power the board or do you have to connect the all of the 5v together and all the gnd's together to power the board. could you explain to me how to do the sterio mod on this board, and how to do the RGB connection.
Thank you,
Simon.

brettster

n00b
Hi Simon
the RGB I took straight from the jamma edge, the 5V also connects to just one of the 5V connections on the Jamma edge, I had to cut a trace and jump a 5V wire over to the op amp to enable it to run from just 5V, and the stereo mod requires you to make a custom circuit board to merge in the single analog audio channel into the 2 that are output from the op amp chip. you could bypass this step but im not sure what sounds you would miss out on.

sy32

n00b
Hi Simon
the RGB I took straight from the jamma edge, the 5V also connects to just one of the 5V connections on the Jamma edge, I had to cut a trace and jump a 5V wire over to the op amp to enable it to run from just 5V, and the stereo mod requires you to make a custom circuit board to merge in the single analog audio channel into the 2 that are output from the op amp chip. you could bypass this step but im not sure what sounds you would miss out on.
Hi
have you got any pictures of how you have done the cut and trace to the 5v wire over the amp please.
Thanks,
Simon.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Also, might want to consider taking your RGB back off the edge. Take them from the upstream leg of the 8.2k resistors above the edge... then the sync is above that and to the left (you can find via multimeter as well as each of the rgb signals). The gnd and power you can then do to many places. That way you can save the edge and also I think it helps to keep the connections away from parts that are exposed and hopefully keep them safer from getting pulled, etc.

Does the 5V only mod to bridge the power regulated derived 5V to the standard edge continuous 5V work on the 1 slots the same way? Just curious if it is in a similar place on the bottom of the board.

brettster

n00b
My Plan is to encase the bottom of the MV-1B so nothing is showing, and I was in a hurry to get it up and working, but I may just move the wires away from the edge as it looks neater. I just connected my 5V to the top side of the edge connector and jumped another wire from there to the op amp chip. Im sure there is a neater more efficient way to do it tho. :)

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Yeah I can understand being anxious to get it going...
what I did for testing purposes was to use a plain edge connector and wire up things as necessary to that ugy, then just plug the board into it... you can then move individual wires off that and connect them to your off edge points. Just a way you can run things off the edge in the beginning to test, but without actually touching the board edge.

jediurchin

Crazed MVS Addict
Hey all, Im awaiting delivery of a 1 slot mvs board and am also wanting to do this. Ive seen your guide on the wiki and its very informative! Im wanting to do this without having to use the jamma edge as a connection. Are there any baby steps guides for complete n00bs? All the supergun/consolized arcade hardware sites seem to be vanishing off of the internet and this is the only site ive come across that still has an active community!

Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction,

Thanks in advance peeps ;)