Rom Check Sum?

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
I'm still trying to get my buddys Old style mvs to aes converter to work, and on Ninja masters I keep getting the Rom Check Sum screen. I have never booted up a MVS game before, am I getting anywhere lol. What should I look for to know its working?

Thanks
PoOF!
((Shinobi Vanish))

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
...can't say I've ever used a converter before, so I don't know if it's any different than booting it up without a converter. Whenever I start up an MVS game, it just goes to the SNK logo, then the game... no rom checks like arcade pcb's... or maybe I have become so use to seeing them that I have blacked them out from my vision. Do you only have one MVS game? It could be the game that is malfunctioning, and not the converter.

out of curiousity... who's that in your avatar?

Kao_Pai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've gotten the rom checksum screen before, it's occurred for me if the cart isn't properly seated on the converter. I also got the checksum screen when I tried to use a bootleg mvs cart with the converter. From previous discussions I've seen on this board, I understand that most if not all bootleg mvs carts will not work with converters.