PS3 Crashing Issue

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I just bought my ps3 about a week ago and it has crashed on me twice already. It usually happens when I quit a game. It has done it so far with street fighter IV were I quit to the ps3 main menu and the screen go's blank and I'm forced to shut off my ps3 by pressing the power button in the back. This is the new 80gb model. I also have the 60gb model that never crashed on me once, that I recall. Is this common? I'm about to go back 2 game stop and exchange for a new one.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I have this happen to my year old ps3 (40gb) when I play some newer bluray movies. Will start to fire up the movie and just freeze before actually starting play. I make the sure hdd light isn't on and have to power off manually and then back on again. The second time I try the movie it always goes. Never had this happen with a game yet though.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
It has done it so far with street fighter IV were I quit to the ps3 main menu and the screen go's blank and I'm forced to shut off my ps3 by pressing the power button in the back.

SF4 crashes my ps3 about 50% of the time I quit. I believe its a pretty well known bug? I have never had my ps3 crash on any game except SF4.

So keep that in mind

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
...Oh that sucks. I pre-ordered the limited edition and it has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust because I can't afford a PS3 now. Now I find out when I buy one, it may freeze on me:mad: ... Fan-f@$%ing-tastic.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
What versions of ps3s do you guys have that stf4 is crashing on?

Just curious if it is a certain version or not as I haven't had an issue yet.

Running the latest firmware?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I went back to game stop and got another brand new 80gb ps3. I played sf yesterday and quit to the main screen like 6 times and it did not crash, but this was a random issue, so only time will tell. My firmware is updated so I don't think that's the issue. I still did not get a chance to play other games on this ps3, but on the ps3 I returned, I was playing Fifa 09, mgs, burn out, gta, ssf2thdr, soul cal, and when I quit the system did not crash. So It might be a bug in the game. If its not that, then its a issue with the 80gb model, but I googled this crashing issue and It did not pop up any where. There were crashing issues with blu-ray movies, but not with sfiv. Maybe I just had a faulty ps3.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
SF4 crashes my ps3 about 50% of the time I quit. I believe its a pretty well known bug? I have never had my ps3 crash on any game except SF4.

So keep that in mind

Pretty well known bug? Were did you read up on this issue because I can't find it any were. 2 me it seems like were the only one's who have this issue.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Ok, good stuff. Thanks for the link. On my third ps3 now, lol. Picked up another one yesterday. Some error message was coming up all the time when I was logging on 2 the playstation store. It was doing the same thing with the new one also. I think the psn server is locking me out being that I've went through 3 playstations in 1 week and all I've been doing is downloading the same stuff over and over. It finally let me in late last night.