Last Blade

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I see an Eeprom, though I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything. What d'ya think?

DSC03036.jpg
Sorry, only got the one pic

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Looks real to me. You might want to open it and put some tape over that EPROM.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Its legit, but you must cover the window on that eprom at all cost.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Exactly how easy is it to erase an EEPROM? Like would it be likely to be erased if left out in the sun for half an hour?

What I'm getting at is, surely if it was necessary to cover the windows, SNK would have done so.

Shogeki

n00b
Its very hard without a pure uv source. A few days out in the direct sunlight would probably start the erasing process.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
While you might not erase it completely, there's the potential to corrupt it. As cheap as tape is, there's no reason not to cover it.

SNK probably didn't bother because of the intended use of MVS carts. It wouldn't be exposed to much, if any, light on the inside of a cabinet. I'd expect that carts in a home situation would probably be exposed to more.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
The cart is in a clear case with a replacement label; I'm going to guess it's a replacement case, seeing as every Last Blade I've ever seen has been in a white case, or maybe black.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
I have actually tried to erase UV eproms in the sun and had no luck. Not even sucessful in getting them corrupted. Still, just in case of wild and random solar flares or something, it couldn't hurt.