Arcade cabinet Question

trunks218

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Can you make the dip switch screen come up on some just by un pluging the machine and pluging it back in to the outlet. The reason I am asking is because somebody keeps setting the some mechines on free play at school and they are threatening to take them out.

[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: trunks218 ]</p>

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I don't know about other cabs, but on a Neo you have to physically turn on/off switches on the board to change the dip settings.

bconner

Kula's Candy
My settings change if I leave my cabinet unplugged for a long time.
I'm guessing this is due to a failing battery on the MB.
Perhaps that's the case with the machines at your school.

B

trunks218

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thanks! A couple of them are capcom machines like X men vs Street Fighter and Street Figther 2 CE so it makes sense it could be the battery sense they cut them off a lot.

mgruber

Mega Shock!!
i'm not an expert, but i have seen some cabinets that lazy operators have wired an external test switch hidden either on top or in the back, where people don't normally look.

in the cps2 games, they can easily set them to free play if they have access to an external test switch.

cps2 games cannot be set to free play unless the test menu is accessed by using the onboard test button or an extra wired test button somewhere on the cab.

mgruber

Mega Shock!!
also, when my cps2 games lose power from the main ("a" board) power or backup power, they default back to coin operated play. none of mine default to free play if they lose backup power.