Slot Contacts

geordie3

n00b
So how do you guys clean the system contacts? I don't want to get too liberal with sticking things in there and risk hurting a pin. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-G

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I use a cheap soft-bristle toothbrush with some spray contact cleaner.

Marshall

New Challenger
The easy way without any hurtings is just to use spray contact cleaners and air, kleenex for a few times. The point is, that you need to remove all liquids left. Hair dryer is pretty useful.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I use a cheap soft-bristle toothbrush with some spray contact cleaner.

Ditto, has always worked for me. Radio Shack and Fry's both carry spray contact cleaner.

Gamester

Super Sidekicks 2
I use a fine sandpaper over the pins first and then rubbing alcohol and q-tips to clean off any residue.

I have done this for years on NES games as well with no problems ;)

I have heard that using an eraser works too, but I haven't tried it.

Edit:
These are suggestions for the carts, not the system. Sorry about that, lol ;)

Last edited:

Artemio

NEST Puppet
Hello. I am new around here and wante dto open a new topic (but I have not enough privileges).

Reading around the history I found that some recommended cleaning for some graphical problems. I am witting here to ask on advice since simple cleaning has yielded no results for me, but i could test some of the techniques suggested above if you guys think that would help me.

I have two MVS 1F systems and an arcade cabinet. I bough the second one in order to build another cabinet for my brother. We only have a couple of MVS games, and they work great on the first one we had (except for the volume sometimes changing levels by itself). But the newer MVS system has some graphical issues. Here are some pics to illustrate what they are like:

09032009774.jpg

09032009776.jpg

09032009789.jpg

Any help would be appreciated in fixing these graphical issues.

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Reading around the history I found that some recommended cleaning for some graphical problems. I am witting here to ask on advice since simple cleaning has yielded no results for me, but i could test some of the techniques suggested above if you guys think that would help me.

Any help would be appreciated in fixing these graphical issues.

Open the cart and rub a pink pencil eraser on each contact, top and bottom, of both boards. Clean off the eraser "shavings" with some compressed air and shine the contacts up with some rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab. If that doesn't fix it, then there may be something wrong with the cart itself.

Artemio

NEST Puppet
The carts work alright on my first board, but always have this sort of glitches on the newer one. So i discard the carts as being the issue here.