Garou: MOTW Japanese MVS cartridge

petieken

n00b
Hi everyone
I got a copy of Garou MOTW a few days ago. Yesterday I did a CRC check with unibios 2.3 and all roms show "NG". I played the game for a few hours and I didn't notice any glitches or strange things except that "CREDIT 00" sometimes has a background image when there are black borders above and under the intro movie.

I took some images of the cartridge and pcb's

Here are the links to the images:
cartridge
bottom pcb
top pcb

So what do you guys think? Is this a legit cart or a boot?

--EDIT--
I just ran Garou: MOTW with WinKawaks and it has the same "glitch" in the "CREDITS" part of the screen. So I guess I don't have to worry about that.

Last edited:

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Sure looks legit to me.

[edit]
Some of the ROM banks in my SSVS MVS cart come up NG when I run CRC check (UniBIOS 2.3) and I know for sure the cart is 100% legit. The UniBIOS is in my AES, though, and I was running the cart through the SC2...so I just assumed that's why some were coming up NG.

petieken

n00b
Thanks for the info chewurface.

I forgot to mention, I'm using a 4 slot MVS with unibios 2.3 installed (was originally European bios if that matters).

Has anyone experienced a bad CRC check with their legit copy of motw?

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I get this with SSV (not special although it is special to me ;) ) with 3.0 bios - game plays perfect!

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
--EDIT--
I just ran Garou: MOTW with WinKawaks and it has the same "glitch" in the "CREDITS" part of the screen. So I guess I don't have to worry about that.

I always turn off the credit indicators, so I never noticed this.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Cart looks perfectly fine to me! Looks like you already had your answer, though.

petieken

n00b
Thanks everybody for your help, I feel more comfortable now that I know it's not a bootleg. I'm not a serious collector but I don't want bootlegs in my collection just by principle :)