Multimeters

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
What do you use ?

Used to use a Fluke 87 but it was stolen, now use a Brymen TBM812, its great, infact better than the Fluke imho and a fraction of the cost.
Auto range, true rms, capacitance, frequency, hold save reading.
If anyone is looking for an accurate, full featured multimeter, consider a Brymen.
btw it also has an opto couple interface to your PC with all sorts of fancy shit :)
And it bounces just like a Fluke.

[ October 05, 2002: Message edited by: ttooddddyy ]</p>

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
In the "good old" days used an AVO 8, bakealite case, a lovely analogue meter and very accurate.
I sometimes prefer analogues over DMMs.
There is something romantic about them. It mat be a Fraudian thing ? Swinging pointers and all that

I have a cheap crappy digital job, but for accuracy I use one of me Avo meters (old Analogue jobbies, not digital). They're more accurate than a hell of a lot of meters - you won't find a better analogue, and a LOT of digital meters aren't quite as accurate.

I'm actually about a 10 min drive from the Avo factory!

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Military surplus Barnett Instrument Co. TS 352 B/U

These things are really neat , they weigh about 35 LBS and can do things I never knew a Multitester could, actually lots of things I have no idea how to use.

It really is a nice piece of equipment , I found it a few years back at an estate sale for $20.00
then dumped another $20.00 on the weird batteries it takes , but it is definitly worth itsweight in gold.

[ October 07, 2002: Message edited by: candycab ]

[ October 07, 2002: Message edited by: candycab ]</p>

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Fluke 7-300. Really basic, but does the job for what I need.
PBstep11.jpg