No Neo Geo startup screen

Cool Craig

n00b
I have a MVS-4-25 rev.3 w/mv-4f board. All slots are occupied and the games cycle through 1-4 like normal. However, I am not getting any "100 meg shock / MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC" screens in between cycles. Anyone know why this is happening?

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
You don't get that once it's all loaded up. Selecting games just switches to the next games attraction. You will hit the MVS bios screen on initial load and that's a done deal then...it doesn't have to 'load' for each game subsequently.

Someone else could probably give you the actual technical explanation though...

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Mine shows the Neo BIOS boot screen when it cycles back to slot 1.

I have a two slot board...when powered on it doesn the following:

1) Boots from slot 1 and shows the Neo BIOS (330 Mega / Giga) screen
2) Winners don't use drugs screen
3) Slot 1 game attract mode
4) Slot 2 game attract mode
5) Loop back to #1

Sometimes the initial boot will happen from slot 2...seems to do this when I have a Giga game in slot 1 and a 330 Mega game in slot 2, but all subsequent times it shows the BIOS screen will be from slot 1 unless I power cycle the cab.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Checked mine again to be sure but yeah... mine is neo boot screen on first load and then even after cycling back from slot 4 to slot 1 it doesn't show boot screen but rather goes right to the attract. Which is what I would think it should do right?

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
In addition to what's been posted, I'll say that the 100 Mega Shock splash is in the game software and not part of the boot process.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Having a combination of games installed with any number of them being a "Giga Shock" cartridge will usually goof up what does or doesn't get shown. It's just one of those quirky mysteries you can't really do much about.

Cool Craig

n00b
No matter what carts I throw in, I do not get a bios screen. Is there a setting i have turned off?

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Checked mine again to be sure but yeah... mine is neo boot screen on first load and then even after cycling back from slot 4 to slot 1 it doesn't show boot screen but rather goes right to the attract. Which is what I would think it should do right?

Hard to say as mine does the opposite! I've had the cab powered on and just running while I use my PC or whatever and it always shows the Neo boot screen again when it cycles back to slot 1.

I have a MV-2F board (not sure which revision...the hard dips are on the same edge as the MVS / JAMMA connector) with the stock US BIOS.