Zupapa Boot?

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
I don't think this is a boot, but I really can't tell. The soldering looks factory, it has one EPROM. The label was smooth and felt like it should have been a holo label, but it's not. Cracked it open for verification. I haven't seen one of these before, so any insight would be great. Thanks.

Link to high res pic.

lovecraft

n00b
In my opinion it's 100% legit.
This is just a fix as SNK used to do with late releases.

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
I was concerned as player 2 doesn't seem to function. I do not have this issue with any of my other games. Also, sometimes the game will not allow you to continue, where other times it will allow you to continue as many times as you like. Thanks for the response.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was concerned as player 2 doesn't seem to function. I do not have this issue with any of my other games. Also, sometimes the game will not allow you to continue, where other times it will allow you to continue as many times as you like. Thanks for the response.
You need to change the region. I can't remember which it is, but I think either US or European mode in Zupapa won't let you start player 2 for some reason.

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks for the reply. Is that a soft dip for the cart, or do I need a Universe BIOS?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You can try the soft dips, but I think it's strictly a bios thing. A weird thing, probably a mistake.