New release of Last Hope AES

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
According to the ngdevteam.com website, there is going to be another release of Last Hope AES and CD in Q2 2009. There must be demand for the AES version. If the new AES version has corrected bullets it would be better than the first release.
The price is apparently going to 500EUR, but didn't the first release also have a USD price which was less(when converted to Euros)?, so maybe this release will be the same.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
let the flames begin! :buttrock:

for the record, i don't share others' hatred for this game

looked like a decent shooter to me, and if nothing else, the music rocked!

Neo Satellite

Quiz Detective
The price is apparently going to 500EUR, but didn't the first release also have a USD price which was less(when converted to Euros)?, so maybe this release will be the same.

Because it is an European sale only :emb:

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Just to clarify things up. It's not an re-release or anything like that. We will just sell the remaining stock of the original 60 cartridges. There won't be any changes made to the game data. The game is absolutely identical to the first release.

And of course we sell it worldwide.

- THE

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Last Hope is a great game. It's not 500EUR great (IMO), but it's great nonetheless. I've got the (much) cheaper DC and Neo CD versions and I've played the hell out of them. The Neo CD package was aces with a beautiful color manual and a great super play DVD, not to mention all the gameplay tweaks which really improve the game.

Last Hope for 500EUR? No thanks. But Last Hope for $30? Sign me up!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I will personally laugh at each person who spends this amount for the game. (PM me for details)

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Game should be on PSN and Xbox Live.
Do PSN and Xbox Live allow Indie/homebrew games on their networks?
If Last Hope is just released on AES, Neo CD and Dreamcast, it's a fairly limited market. Online release is something they should consider if it's feasible(PSN, Xbox Live, Wii Virtual Console, Steam(PC), etc). The Wii has the Neo Geo Stick so that would make it even better. But it would depend if there are any legal issues.
Would it be legal for them to release it as an MVS cart for commercial use? Probably not?

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Game should be on PSN and Xbox Live.
The whole idea of this game was to make something homebrew for a favorite console that no longer gets new games. Don't discourage the development of new Neo games, even if they're just indy/homebrew.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The whole idea of this game was to make something homebrew for a favorite console that no longer gets new games. Don't discourage the development of new Neo games, even if they're just indy/homebrew.
I'm just not willing to shell out $500 for an indie game is all.

It depends on what they want. If it's an actual good game (which it seems like it is), why not try to make it on current gen consoles since it's already been made for Dreamcast as well?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I love your Doakes AV.

LH? LOL the less said the better.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm just not willing to shell out $500 for an indie game is all.

It depends on what they want. If it's an actual good game (which it seems like it is), why not try to make it on current gen consoles since it's already been made for Dreamcast as well?
I know what you're saying. Make it on the other consoles as a Neo Geo game. Like the DC port. You could even release it on the Virtual Console, theoretically. I would like to see more actual Neo homebrew titles, but I'd also like to find a way to make the games more cheaply. Otherwise we'll have to stick to Neo CDs, which is fine too.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I will personally laugh at each person who spends this amount for the game. (PM me for details)

I too will join you in berating any fool dumb enough to buy this steaming pile of homebrew nonsense. :vik:

BTW - why would u want to waste money on a XBLA version? You can buy the far superior R-Type already. :multi_co:

Clessy

Banned
This game totally takes to much flack. It cost them alot to produce the aes and there is certainly 2 other versions to get if you cant afford to be a top collector.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I did get two PM's, and for the record I'm not the guy to ask about roms, I didn't mean my original message with this intention. I had wanted to just laugh at you individually for spending this much on a fresh release.

Clessy

Banned
Asshole like him are why people dont visit these forums as much as they should. All the old memembers are intorrable elitist.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Last Hope AES might be expensive at 500EUR, but wouldn't the value of such a rare game go up straight away(once it's no longer available)? 60 copies is ultra-rare, and I don't know how likely it is that ng:devteam will produce another run of it. So you would also think about the resale value of it.
That seems to have happened with the Neo CD LE and the Dreamcast LE versions. And those are only optical disc versions(which ng:devteam could cheaply and easily do more production runs of).
I haven't seen a copy of the AES version on ebay yet, but it would probably be priced more than the ng:devteam price. But if you had bought a copy from the first lot of AES copies they sold, you would probably wait until ng:devteam had at least sold all their remaining copies, before you sold it again.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Asshole like him are why people dont visit these forums as much as they should. All the old memembers are intorrable elitist.

Pardon me if I don't feel bullshit modesty needs to be part of my routine. I mean, look at that garbage you wrote, you don't even know me man. This site is notoriously elitist when it comes to materialism, if you are to make a comment like this, you're a closet hypocrite. You follow this mess by saying all older members are elitists.

Orochinagi or SRK is the place to go for gaming, so the only other reason you could be here is if you've known these people for ages like I have or you like buying items or collecting. I do my best to add some gaming related stuff and I got more coming, but that isn't a cool call.. Yes, guys like Fran and me are pretty elitist types, we know what games we like and we're stubborn about it, but I've played a lot of games competitively to make some realistic calls and what is garbage and what isn't. Especially on the Neo.
Actually, the old members of this site are why it is even popular..

This place is pretty cool to newer members as long as they don't act completely retarded. We've seen our share of rom begging bs. What you are saying is disguised myth, but the only thing worse is people coming to me based on something they flat out assumed, then talking trash about me when it doesn't hold up.

My personality may not be the nicest coming off, but its because of the way I think, I'm a nice guy, but I'm very sarcastic and I have really high expectations of others. What is truly important to me in the whole scene, the neo scene and the capcom one is top play in fighters. That is why I am into everything, if I am offending you guys, my bad.

Last edited:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Lord Wolfgang Krauser

what was your stupid point on this whole thing

Last edited:

Clessy

Banned
Pardon me if I don't feel bullshit modesty needs to be part of my routine. I mean, look at that garbage you wrote, you don't even know me man. This site is notoriously elitist when it comes to materialism, if you are to make a comment like this, you're a closet hypocrite. You follow this mess by saying all older members are elitists.

Orochinagi or SRK is the place to go for gaming, so the only other reason you could be here is if you've known these people for ages like I have or you like buying items or collecting. I do my best to add some gaming related stuff and I got more coming, but that isn't a cool call.. Yes, guys like Fran and me are pretty elitist types, we know what games we like and we're stubborn about it, but I've played a lot of games competitively to make some realistic calls and what is garbage and what isn't. Especially on the Neo.
Actually, the old members of this site are why it is even popular..

This place is pretty cool to newer members as long as they don't act completely retarded. We've seen our share of rom begging bs. What you are saying is disguised myth, but the only thing worse is people coming to me based on something they flat out assumed, then talking trash about me when it doesn't hold up.

My personality may not be the nicest coming off, but its because of the way I think, I'm a nice guy, but I'm very sarcastic and I have really high expectations of others. What is truly important to me in the whole scene, the neo scene and the capcom one is top play in fighters. That is why I am into everything, if I am offending you guys, my bad.
My point is you're coming off as harsh, abrassive and, insulting for no reason. Im a huge defender of any homebrew authors. Sure Last Hope AES shouldnt cost what it does maybe around $400 USD max but, to sit and insult someone is bringing more games to a system is all love is trash to me. Its also not like they didnt make more afforable versions too. Theres a neo cd version and dreamcast version both priced fairly en expensive. Hell the neo cd one is the highest quality neo cd release as far as packaging is concerned. Only neo cd game with a color manual and even has a bonus dvd tactical demo play. I shouldnt of come off at you like I did but, you shouldnt feel the need to go out of your way to trash on something thats making other people happy. You especially shouldnt trash on someone waste years of there life to bring the most hardcore of fans a game when you've not come close to complishing that large of a feet yourself.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Well, who cares what I trash, just ignore it, cause its not like arguing about it will change my view.

I don't care what anyone releases unless its officially licensed, that to me isn't neo. 500 euro's I could see for old US/Euro legit releases, but this isn't officially licensed and therefor there is no excuse really, its not a legitimate release.
What makes it such a amazing accomplishment? I don't care. People will literally worship anything thats released on neo simply because it is on neo.

I have every right to say this is ridiculous, because it simply is (the home release version). I respect they offered other releases, but those prices aren't actually cheap either, its being released with the same price mentality as SNK would.
If someone is gonna get it, congrats to them, I just feel it is to expensive personally.

werejag, please just shut up, you started by asking me about a rom I don't have, so just go away. My original msg was a sarcastic retort relating to the homecart price. It seems like every damn time you say anything you forget more. Did I not explain this already?

Last edited: