MVS board fried?? Please say NO!!

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
alright, I turn on my MVS lateley and with a cartridge, I get some green and white, rough pixelated boxes scattered among the screen, then it goes black, but the monitor is still on. when I turn it on withot a cartridge, I get the screen that You normally get when you try to center the screen in test mode, ala the screen that looks like a coordinate screen..
But when I insert a normal JAMMA board, (I am using a Modified MVS harness) the game works fine.
whats up, is my board fried?

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
My dip switchs are all set to off, but i forgot all oabout the pause switch i added. Its my last hope!!

Kidnemo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've gotten that "green screen" a couple of times to.

It's only with my 'slug 2 cart, and it seems kinda dirty so I'm hoping a nice cleaning will take care of it.

xonox

Armored Scrum Object
I get the white and green lines / blocks whenever i turn mine on, then after a second the game loads up.

If it isn't your pause button and the dip switches are set properly, i'd try erasing the backup memory using the built-in hardware test... weel at least if the scores and all aren't that important to you...

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
I get that green and white blocks/lines screen ALL the time, whenever I turn the machine on. Then it either plays as normal, or I get the stupid "System ROM Error" message on the monitor. Cleaning the carts helps. :)

[ October 01, 2002: Message edited by: KaedesBlade ]</p>

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Alright, thanks everybody. It seems that my Pause switch (the one I added had a broken connection the the PCB and I couldnt see it from the open. Thanks a bunch

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Glad you found your problem !

For the record I have started my cab with the pause switch on and totally freaked , its always the simple things that stump us !

Also my board does the green scrambly thing then boots the game every time.

It reminds me of early Atari or Odessy2 graphics.