Matt Greer's Old MVS Faq The FIRST of it's kind

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I am not sure when this FAQ was originally created..but I believe it was around the time Chris Ray showed us pics on the DHP of his MVS 2 Slot attached to a wooden serving tray..the good ol' days before he joined that terrible group...
Anyway,Matt Greer created a nice faq that will help the novice understand the Basics of hooking up an MVS setup.
All I did was edit some of the images and block off the html(chopped in half for easy reading as you will be able to retain more in your brain :-D)
I find it ironic that the person Matt credits is the same person that sent him over the edge prompting him to leave this scene in a "blind rage". :eek:
BTW I don't believe Matt mentions the use of a switch or fuse in this faq..and they are very important to have for pcb preservation..
I recall Matt's PCB went bad one day due to a power surge or something like that but this is a GOOD reference and the 1st of it's kind created by someone who was apart of the Neo Geo scene.
<a href="http://www.netreach.net/~scop/mvs.html" target="_blank">Matt Greer's MVS Setup Faq</a>
KUDO's to Matt!
-BB

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Hmmmmm, MVSteve may have some competition on his hands...

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
lil necro posting :)

Woot, thanks BigBear for saving this! I made this in 1997, man those were the days.

I'm so stoked you saved this!

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Yeah it's kinda funny reading it now. Just solder everything directly to the board :) Not to mention $3 MVS carts.

I don't remember leaving in a "blind rage", although yeah the mailing list definitely got insane about then. I mostly left because I was a poor college student and needed to stop wasting what little money I had on Neo stuff.