quick King of the Monsters 2 check

Bestwald

n00b
Hi, I don't see any info on this game in previous posts, so I was wondering if my Jap King of the Monsters 2 cart is supposed to have 2 eproms on the right side of the top board (P1 & P2). One says NEC Japan and the other is a Toshiba chip but both are eproms. Otherwise the cart seems totally legit. Were they made like this or is this some kind of repair?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
Can you provide pics?

But based on your description I'd think that the game's legit, I've heard those manufacturers have made chips for SNK.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Even without pics, I'd say it's legit. Who the hell would make a boot of King of the Monsters 2? I don't think it was ever a big earner, nor is it collector's favorite.

Bestwald

n00b
Hey thanks guys, I actually did take a photo but I couldn't figure out how to insert it into the post like I see other people doing. If someone could enlighten me that would be great.

I know the game's not a boot, I have some other jap carts that have some legit eproms but they usually have a white numbered sticker on them. In addition I couldn't find any other posts concerning eproms in KOTM2 so I thought maybe there was something fishy about my copy. It's no big deal, I just thought that someone who has the cart on hand might be able to double-check for me. Thanks for the replies.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Even without pics, I'd say it's legit. Who the hell would make a boot of King of the Monsters 2? I don't think it was ever a big earner, nor is it collector's favorite.

I agree.