Help with MV-1A

juv3nil3

n00b
Hi
I'm new here and I'm getting this funny picture with cart in the unit and no cart in the unit it's hook up using scart. Picture below there sysbloms in the pixels but they don't show up in photo.

I'm I'm doing something wrong? or do i have a faulty unit.
Any help would nice:)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34931663@N05/3261682079/

Last edited:

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
I don't get a dead link, there's lots of really big and brightly colored pixels on the screen. This actually looks like a job for Channelmaniac or somebody with similar experience with the really technical problems.

Is your MVS consolized or something? That's the only thing I can think of that explains how you can use scart.

juv3nil3

n00b
I just wired the jamma connector up that way because i think i killed my arcade monitor just to if unit worked.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
I just wired the jamma connector up that way because i think i killed my arcade monitor just to if unit worked.

Oh right, I forgot PAL (and SECAM) standards don't need video encoders, you could practically just wire up the video out to a scart plug and away you go, right?

I'd rather not try and guess this one knowing there's more experienced help available, just wait around a bit and Channelmaniac will likely drop by.

juv3nil3

n00b
I used this
Connector = SCART (male)

Pin 12 from the JAMMA to Pin 15
Pin N from the JAMMA to Pin 11
Pin 13 from the JAMMA to Pin 7
Pin P from the JAMMA to Pin 20
Pin 14 from the JAMMA to Pin 17, 13, 9 and 5
+5v from PSU to Pin 16 via a 100ohm resist
to wire up the scart connector.:)

juv3nil3

n00b
No click click click sound at all and i reseated the bios it's still they same screen.

Dip setting on the board i haven't touched.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Oh right, I forgot PAL (and SECAM) standards don't need video encoders, you could practically just wire up the video out to a scart plug and away you go, right?
Eh? PAL/SECAM require encoding just as NTSC does.

Many PAL TV's have RGB SCART sockets which removes the need for an encoder as they can take the signals direct from the board.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
All I can tell you is to check the power supply levels, reseat the BIOS, and check to see if there is battery acid damage on the board or if there are gouged traces on the bottom of the board.

Your board will need to be repaired.

RJ

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
Eh? PAL/SECAM require encoding just as NTSC does.

Many PAL TV's have RGB SCART sockets which removes the need for an encoder as they can take the signals direct from the board.

That's what I was getting at (which I forgot to add in), those lucky Europeans don't really need encoding if they have an RGB SCART socket on their TVs.

juv3nil3

n00b
I've reseated the bios and check for battery damage and the board is clean no damage that i can see.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
That's what I was getting at (which I forgot to add in), those lucky Europeans don't really need encoding if they have an RGB SCART socket on their TVs.
Neither do Americans if they have a SCART to Component converter (as you should all have).