So I fucked up my 6 slot...

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
God I am so pissed at the moment.

I gotta hand it to Metal Slug 3, that fucking cart is a piece of shit. Great game, BTW, just a piece of trash PCB sandwich.

I can't get the damn game going, so I switch carts out till it sort of works. Well it looks like I switched one too many times too quickly. Now the board will work...but with only one game in it. As soon as I put in two or more carts I get CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK the board resetting 8 times a second. What fucking gives? Did one of those chips on the top board give out or something?

Oh and I already reset the backup ram several times.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
What you are hearing is the watchdog constantly resetting the CPU trying to get it to boot.

Until channelmaniac or MKL chime in, do you have a logic probe you can have a poke around the top board with?

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Check your power supply.

The only other thing I can think of is that the chips that handle the cart select on the board are toast.

RJ

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sounds like PS to me since I had a similar issue with my 6-slot and certain high-meg cart games in it. Had to adjust the 5V higher to about 5.2V. Still have a reset issue once in awhile but it's been running pretty good since the adjustment.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
yep, power supply issue. I had a 4 slot cab doing the same thing, would work for a while then click, click, click...turned up the voltage on the power supply and all is good now.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I need to stop forgetting people don't check the absolute basics such as power before posting here. :blow_top:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
I need to stop forgetting people don't check the absolute basics such as power before posting here. :blow_top:

well being the supreme know it all, why dont you make a thread, that can be stickied, of the "absolute basics" to check before posting a thread?

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yea that fixed it.

Normally I would have caught something as simple as this, but I've never gotten this "click" crap before. Whenever I had low power issues before, I would get a frozen screen of garbage, but no clicks.

That and I'm just having a bad day.

Fucking power hungry MVS boards... why can't you behave like every other jamma board out there?

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
1 slot FTW.

Changing a cart isn't that hard. You can only play one game at a time anyway.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
No way. Theres nothing better than being able to hit a button and flick through 4 or 6 of your games.

Plus I assume most of us played multislots in our younger days, it brings back memories.