SFIII 3S 3vs3 tourney pics @ Denjin Arcade (and misc info)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah I entered this tourney with my old 2vs2 team mate wickedelement and eric as well, and here are the pictures.

Final results are

1. Team Paypals (5 Star / Amir / Thomas)
2. Team Juan (Juan / Echos / Joe Dubbs)
(tie)3. Team Gigas Reflector (Numakie / LWK / Wicked Element)
(tie)3. Team Tecate Alcoholics (Let Blood Run / Ironfist / Ray Ramos)

3243089907f728f4b7ebhg8.jpg

3243092851fd92c0acd4ij6.jpg

32430960474daaa195a0aaaul6.jpg

3243152257fc091cf65easdfb5.jpg

That would be my team and my creepy face in the back watching a match in progress.

3243974744a181b3e47fdx4.jpg

Amir doing some Hugo casuals.

32439873684915050682jl6.jpg

In other news I finally got to play Amir for the first time, for those not in the know, Amir is one of the TOP US players and hes very strong. He is also a really really cool guy to talk to. I only took him like two games in the casuals we had, and he was the one who eliminated us in the semifinals via OCV. He plays with very minimal risk, and has a great footsie game.

In that tourney we had a lot of strong players, our team was almost eliminated early by a Yun and Dudley player, but I beat them both and moved us forward, both those players were quite good. (you can see them in the bottom pic) The tourney had two strong Hugo's, which one was so strong he almost ocv'd and entire team. Hugo is a match where you want to use max distance spacing tools if your character has them, matches like this is where Urien shines.

The way we got far was that when I played I was playing extremely conservative and not taking big chances unless they were key to survival. Wicked also cleaned house with his Hugo second round, and Eric scared people with his makoto. He was out of practice, but something ignited in his mind and he was playing amazingly in one set.

I got to play 5 stars chun, (both 5 star and Amir used other tiers for the tourney), 5 star used chun li and amir used yun. I use chun li as well and wanted to test my luck in casuals after the tourney ended and 5 star is just very strong, he has a lot of experience and therefor a keen reactive eye to any opportunities, in the finals a Ken player crossed him up and did a immediate bFWD *two hit ken overhead* 5 star parried both on reaction after ducking, so you know he saw it.., to lowfwd SAII.

Even Victoly was playing, and I always love watching him, I did some more casuals with him as well.

Over all I had a good time, I hadn't entered a tourney in at least 8 or more months and have only been playing on the side with some scrubs, so it was quite a good experience. I also entered a SFIV tourney which I went down second round, ironically the first match I had was with WickedElement, and I ended up winning that to get peaced out by another ryu player, but we're all in the process of learning that games finer points, neither of us is good in the way required and we lack the experience to place good.

In other news, I'll probably be at evo this year entering a 3s 2vs2 tourney, more excited to go since this will be the first EVO tourney for SFIV and that means the japanese will probably show in larger numbers. It also might mean the return of Daigo to avenge his losses in 06, and he is quite sick in IV. I'm also registered for the video94 tourney sunday, so I'll get more experience by entering that.

Last edited:

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
I went there for Cali Regionals, lots of fun, awesome arcade.

Looks like you might know my homie Ryan (LBR).

Can't wait to go back.

Thanks for the interesting post and pictures.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I went there for Cali Regionals, lots of fun, awesome arcade.

Looks like you might know my homie Ryan (LBR).

Can't wait to go back.

Thanks for the interesting post and pictures.

Let blood run, cool guy, has a good Urien.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Meaning that one person eliminates a entire team.

Also, we had a single elim rule in play, so it was more like japanese style. You either adapt quick, or play a style thats very safe to avoid any trick offense losses.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
so you're still using julian / urien - cheap ;)

after years of tenacious fights with necro
i have now officially sold my soul and i'm all for yun / chun :annoyed:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
so you're still using julian / urien - cheap ;)

after years of tenacious fights with necro
i have now officially sold my soul and i'm all for yun / chun :annoyed:

Good choice, I use them both, I particularly have more of a heart for using yun because of the fact he is a beast of optional genei jin setups. I used to play pyrolee before he quit, and it sort of inspired me to use yun, there is just such a perfect method with this character, and you end liking the game a lot more to.

I like using chun to increase my confirm reaction. I'm actually quite decent with her, which sucks, cause I wanna shine more with Urien. I feel he sucks at higher levels though, because to even land a aegis corner set up vs some of these guys you gotta do some really unexpectable clever things. Even the old sWP cMK isn't as good as it once was, the rapid up and down then attack idea isn
t bad though either. This really means that mid screen unblockables are still the best ways to get some real damage, that or any juggle you actually get :p

I've been out of practice for to long, so I need to use my corner unblockables again.