"The Lost World" pinball power problem

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Hi! I'm helping out a friend. He apparently had trouble with this in the past intermittently but then moved it while it was on and it stopped working.

I've been following the manual and I can see that things are definitely not receiving the voltages they should be. Checking all the test points on the transformer board is fine, but then it looks like the fuses are not getting voltage through. So at other test points, all 5 VDCs are showing up as 0.5. One set of voltages is getting through, but I think it's only because someone has soldered directly from the one of the TP's to another board.

So what's the problem here? Bridge rectifiers? Why are they necessary if the voltages already exist at the TPs? Is it easier to fix this problem or just buy a new board? The MPU has been tested in another machine and it's fine, and as far as I can tell nothing else looks amiss.

Thanks all.

grantspain

Crazed MVS Addict
worked on a few of that tech but never had that problem,although did get a lot of this problem with wiiliams-the bridge recs can cause this
if i can get a manual on tues when i return to work i will check the schem and tell you where to look
worrying that anyone has jumpered anything tbh

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
I can tell you for sure that there are 2 wires jumpered from one of the TP's, can't remember which one off hand. There was definitely a problem at one point because I can see some of the molex looks burned at the J3 connector from the supply, and it looks like the wires were cut from those particular pins (and likely soldered to the test point).