Finally got an mvs cab!

What's a recent college grad with his first fulltime gig to do? Fulfill a lifelong dream by buying a 4-slot neo geo cabinet!

I've lurked this forum on and off since getting into emulation a number of years ago, but I'm finally ready to join the scene for reals because to my apartmentmate's delight and my girlfriend's chagrin, I've got a nice big red mvs cabinet in my living room.

Just starting my game collection, so you might get a pm from me if you're selling something cool.

I'm still looking for solid entries from the KoF and SamSho series, and I love shmups.

I like ninjas, singing billy idol songs at karaoke bars, spicy food, and taking long sips of scotch on the beach.

Last edited:

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
first, welcome aboard!

second, post some pics of your cab!

Here are some pics of my cab, a standard MVS-4 rev 2. The monitor is gorgeous, but the cab itself has seen some loving and I'm still in the process of cleaning it as well as I can without going crazy and replacing the vinyl or repainting.

neo1.jpg

neo-geo + beer = good times!

neo2.jpg

gotta love the mega shock

neo4.jpg

neo5.jpg

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
hey that cab looks nice!

congrats! Best feeling in the world, isn't it?

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Very nice!

Curious, what game is that in the first picture? I don't recognize it.

I'm a new cab owner myself...really is the best thing ever.

aria

Former Moderator
Here are some pics of my cab, a standard MVS-4 rev 2. The monitor is gorgeous, but the cab itself has seen some loving and I'm still in the process of cleaning it as well as I can without going crazy and replacing the vinyl or repainting.

neo1.jpg

neo-geo + beer = good times!

Awesome! Welcome aboard.

Curious, what game is that in the first picture? I don't recognize it

King of the Monsters 2

MadSlacka

New Challenger
What's a recent college grad with his first fulltime gig to do? Fulfill a lifelong dream by buying a 4-slot neo geo cabinet!

I've lurked this forum on and off since getting into emulation a number of years ago, but I'm finally ready to join the scene for reals because to my apartmentmate's delight and my girlfriend's chagrin, I've got a nice big red mvs cabinet in my living room.

Just starting my game collection, so you might get a pm from me if you're selling something cool.

I'm still looking for solid entries from the KoF and SamSho series, and I love shmups.

I like ninjas, singing billy idol songs at karaoke bars, spicy food, and taking long sips of scotch on the beach.

Congratulations:multi_co:. just wondering, where did you find your cab ?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love the rev 2! Is the only cab I'm missing out of the 4 slot MVS US series, I think that it's in great shape. The CP always needs some sort of restoration, I'm glad that the CP art seems to be in great shape as well.

Congrats are in order!

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Great looking cab, the monitor looks great. Oh, and I know you must have had a few beers if you're having that much fun playing KOM2. :loco:

Congratulations:multi_co:. just wondering, where did you find your cab ?

Bought it from a guy in San Jose who restores cabs for a hobby. Could have gotten a better deal had something popped up later (this was definitely not one of those amazing $200 finds!), but he delivered it to my apartment and was great to work with, so it's all good.

I love the rev 2! Is the only cab I'm missing out of the 4 slot MVS US series, I think that it's in great shape. The CP always needs some sort of restoration, I'm glad that the CP art seems to be in great shape as well.

Congrats are in order!

Thanks! I'm loving the rev 2 - I took the buttons and sticks out to clean the CP and after taking out years of built up soda crud, it's much nicer. Also good to have a better knowledge of the control panel in case I need to replace buttons or sticks in the future. The plexi covering the CP is a little beat up. Future project: cut / buy new plexi.

Great looking cab, the monitor looks great. Oh, and I know you must have had a few beers if you're having that much fun playing KOM2. :loco:

It was a moment of first-mvs ecstacy. Now I'm playing a lot of SamSho 2, Metal Slug 3, 2020 Baseball, and Windjammers :)

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
dude you are the fucking king for posting such awesome pictures. welcome aboard.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Next steps: Sell Metal Slug 3, purchase MS1, MSX and Puzzle Bobble.