Recently bought a Japanese PS2, Need some game recommendations

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
I recently bought a Japanese PS2 and need some game recommendations, so far I only got Hokuto no ken that will for sure keep me busy for a while. I also can't read Japanese so any RPG's will be worthless to me, I'm mostly into fighting games but am willing to try other genres.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Most of the fighting games have been brought to America by now, but I think some of them have glitches in comparison to their Japanese counterparts. Games you can't get over here are,

Shin Gōketsuji Ichizoku: Bonnō Kaihō (Martrimelee sequel)

Melty Blood Act Cadenza

KOF 94 rebout

Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus

Another fun game that is import only, that you don't need to know any japanese for is Densha De Go (any of the series). Sounds crazy but I love it.

Also, you will notice you can get most fighting games almost a full year ahead of their US releases, and they almost never suffer from problems that the US end up with in the localizing process.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Thanks for the reply, anyone else got a anymore recommendations? Maybe a good shooter?

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Esp.Galuda
R-Type Final
Gradius 5
Thunderforce 6
Ibara
Dodonpachi Dai O Jou
Mushihimesama
Raiden 3

KOF98 Ultimate Battle
Garou MOTW
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Rumble Fish
ADK Tamashii

I always liked some of the Sega Ages 2500 Series collections, and check out Front Mission for the PS1. It's in the strategy category but is in English. Great Mech. Strategy

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War.
This is the ONLY gundam game that is actually good. a little short, but should be pretty cheap. I found it to be excellent.

Sega ages: phantasy star collection
the best RPG series (yes, better than final fantasy), even though 3 is a bit weak compared to the rest. You can select english versions for all of them.

Sega ages: Virtua On
great version of the original.

Street fighter zero collection
SF alpha 1-3. good stuff.
Guess this has a US release as well, not sure if you're only looking for games that are not available here.

Also, what Jag-Master said.
Except for not rumble fish. that game sucks balls.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Remember KOF Ultimate match comes out at the end of the month in the US.

Also, does anyone know if the Japanese version of Raiden III plays better than the American one? I read the American one has problems.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
How about Samurai Shodown Anthology, Does is suck? I've read alot of people complain on the forum about it.

lgb

n00b
KOF XI, of course. I *still* don't have it.

With a Japanese PS2, you can get Psyvariar -Complete Editon-: a shmup and its revision, with gameplay that's based around bullet grazing. Also came out in Europe.