mvs 1-slot connector help

doughboy

Lurker.
Hi,

Got my very first neo in the post today, a 1 slot mvs.

Just wondering what the various connectors are for though.

Looking at it from above, with the cart slot at the top, I've got 2 sockets at the top left, both with little securing arms at either end of the sockets. Under those are speaker and headphone sockets, obvious what these are for.

On the other side I've got 1p and 2p whilst also having another set of 1p and 2p at the bottom. Why two sets??

It's also got a mono/stereo switch just above and left of the jamma connector. I thought it had to re-wirred for stereo.

Finally, the s/n is 006125.

How old does that make it??

Cheers

Mark

jefmcc

Armored Scrum Object
If it has stero sound and is a 1 slot, then it is the older model. Also, the extra connectors may be for memory cards. The newer one slots don't have support for a memory card, (its built into the mother board). Stero sound is gone from the newer ones too. The two little extra sockets may be for extra controller devices, like the track ball or majong controller.

autobotclown

Kula's Candy
bullshit.
all neo geos are stero
no switchs no nothing all come in stero
new ones old ones 2 4 6 slots 1 slot
here is a list of the ports
back of slot
lcd display screen plug
a plug and b plug
memory plug(on a neo geo cab you can plug a memory card in a for first player and b for second.)
plug in front
headplhone jacksaaaaa(on orgianl neo you can use head phones see animation town hq for pictures.)
two controls front
used to play with home controles
on speaker volume and headphones controls.
if there is any thing else on it or missing it has been jacked up with it
all slots are the exact same new or old.
I have 15 cabs in my arcade email me if you have questions

autobotclown

Kula's Candy
also the memory card can was used so that people could play a game and save it on a memory card then pick up were they left off later and save built up charcter like king of fighters king of like blitz n64 slot in the arcade