HELP ME WITH MY FOOKIN JOYSTICK!

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Hi, i think i got shitty parts for my joystick, but oh well, here goes:

1. if i got a female, 15 pin cable, would it fit into the neo port? i know it would fit[/i}, but would it slide in all the way? I noticed that PC cords are much shorter at the tip, what do you think i should do? buy a Neo extension cord?

2. does anyone have an Ultimate Joystick? If u do, does it go erratically in some directions? I haven't tested it out yet, but i notice that it sometimes presses the microswitches when not "instructed" to. Fuck... i don't want to buy another one, either...

3. What should i house it in? I found the following items: a big huge ass plastic box, which would work well, except that it's kinda big and it's transparent
frown.gif
, a smaller plastic box, but the fck'n joystick won't fit
frown.gif
and a metal cash box which would work almost PERFECTLY if it weren't for the fact that it's too shallow
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
RRRRRGH!!!!!! Should i just go buy some wood?

4. Most importantly, should i just rape a PCB to make a pad, since the PC cords aren't long enough? Should i just bust open an extension cord and wire it up? All i've really seen lately is people screwing their PCB's to make their joysticks... The reason for this project (for me, anyway) was to get a new controller. Oh man...

------------------
31436715.jpg

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
what the fuck? I could have sworn i read 2 replies to this post... and now i have 0... What the hell's going on?

------------------
31436715.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ok, i think i can help...here goes

1. the pc cord should work, you just have to trim back some of the rubber/plastic surrounding the plug, then it should fit.

2.from what i've heard, yes the ultimate stick does infact suck. you should really get a super 8-way joystick.

3. ok for the housing, ill give you my super duper top secret plans. what it is is two triangular pieces of wood, and a piece of sheet metal wrapped around it. if you dont understand i can send you my planning pics. its a really simple design. and its a nice contour design, which is good for laying on the floor.

4.raping pcb's or and thing non human (female in your case i _hope_
biggrin.gif
) well, even humans is just wrong. hehe. no seriously, you dont have to rape the pcb, its actually easier if you didn't.

thats about all the help i can give you, but if you need more, just ask away...

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Well, i finally fixed my stupid Joy. It works quite nicely now and it doesn't clack all over the place. I want to make it SO fck'n bad, but i have like, no time at all. I'm going to work on it tomorrow, I want to get this done now... there are so many hold ups it's pissing me off sooo bad...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yes there was a reply. It seems someone deleted the post. Probably got lost in the server transfer.

------------------
Wait until you see me go into 'Serious' Mode

BonusKun
Chat Solutions Staff
irc.chat-solutions.net