Ignition's KOF '98UM Site Has Been Updated

http://www.kingoffighters98.com/

Yeah, the game's been delayed to March 2009, but it might be because they're adding in bonus content previewing KOF XII. Still, the trailers look nice- even though the animation footage is from the opening to KOF 1999 Dream Match (something Ben Herman never thought of).

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
KoF Dreamatch 1999 = KoF 1998. They are the same game, except the KoFD'99 was the Dreamcast port and contained stupid 3D backgrounds.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
KoF Dreamatch 1999 = KoF 1998. They are the same game, except the KoFD'99 was the Dreamcast port and contained stupid 3D backgrounds.

don't forget, you could exchage points onto a NGPC to use on SNK vs Capcom with a cord THAT WAS NEVER RELASED IN THE STATES. :crying:

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
I lost track of how many times over I have 98. I have the Japanese UM, I have the US Orochi collection, I have 99 dream match...

yeah...

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
don't forget, you could exchage points onto a NGPC to use on SNK vs Capcom with a cord THAT WAS NEVER RELASED IN THE STATES. :crying:

I'm pretty sure that cable was released in the US. I remember transferring data between KOF r2 and KOF 99DM. Then again, this was 9 years ago and my memory is a little foggy, maybe I some how got the cable imported.

SSS

neo retired
yeah, that cord was definitely released here. I remember seeing it at Best Buy.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I'm not sure I ever saw the cable in major stores like Best Buy, but I know some of the smaller local stores (that happened to deal in Dreamcast imports) had the cables. Heck, I still have one, that I managed to dig out along with all my NGPC stuff.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
that music it he trailer was from the end credits of Van Damme's Kickboxer. Win and good fellas, win and good.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
HD advertisement for an SD game? Anyways, they got one of those douche announcers for movies, and he sounds like he's doing a voice over for a movie (and has no idea what KOF is or is about, I'm sure). Fucking Ignition or SNK Playmore USA or whoever is responsible for this ad should be fired.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45165.html

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
when is this coming to xbox live? or is that UM02?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
HD advertisement for an SD game? Anyways, they got one of those douche announcers for movies, and he sounds like he's doing a voice over for a movie (and has no idea what KOF is or is about, I'm sure). Fucking Ignition or SNK Playmore USA or whoever is responsible for this ad should be fired.

Yeah! How dare they sully the name of KOF with a marketing push! Fire these assholes for trying to muster up some sales instead of just letting the game go straight into the bargain bin!

Moron. Seriously.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Yeah! How dare they sully the name of KOF with a marketing push! Fire these assholes for trying to muster up some sales instead of just letting the game go straight into the bargain bin!

Moron. Seriously.

I'm not against advertising the game. I think the method they used was stupid. So fuck you.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I'm not against advertising the game. I think the method they used was stupid. So fuck you.

Yeah, a montage of in-game footage with an announcer pointing out the highlights of the title in a fashion intended to appeal to newcomers as well as fans of the original. How stupid of them.

You're still a moron, and a presumptuous moron, at that.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Yeah, a montage of in-game footage with an announcer pointing out the highlights of the title in a fashion intended to appeal to newcomers as well as fans of the original. How stupid of them.

You're still a moron, and a presumptuous moron, at that.

Fuck off. I don't think that trailer would appeal to anyone. It makes a mockery of the series. You're the moron if you think it does a good job of anything.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
It's sad that even with a shift in publishing, SNK games continue to come out in the States far too late. 2002 UM is only a few weeks away now. I wonder if XII will hit the Japanese 360 and PS3 before '98 UM does?

when is this coming to xbox live? or is that UM02?

No, it's '98 UM that's headed to Live. No date yet AFAIK.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I don't care too much for the new commercial.
But, the game is pretty much in my "to-get" list anyway.

It's also infinitely better than the KOF: MI commercial that was put out.
Paper drawings cut out and imposed over the image of an actual gym...

Yeah.

I'd much rather see a movie announcer over actual clips of game-play.
That's even if the announcer wasn't required to learn names and only spout off generic descriptions that could be recycled for Street Fighter IV later on.

It's really not bad.
Not even the level of telling us that "Chae Lim's favorite food is her Teddy Bear" fact-checking bad.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Man I'm gonna rock town with Heavy D when this game is out!

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Amazon shows mine shipped on 3/1.

Anyone played it yet?