Is my Bust a Move real ?

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Hi,

I have a Bust of Move kit that appears to be complete with the correct box, artwork and mini marquee. The cart label says "Bust a Move" and matches the Bust a Move artwork. The color of the cart is black and inside it contains all toshiba chips except for 2 eproms. There is one on the Program Board and one on the second board. The windows are not taped, and I plan on doing that. I can post some pics. That said, when I boot the game on my Neo 29, it comes up Puzzle Bobble, instead of Bust a Move. This is the only game in my collection that doesn't match the artwork and label when it boots. I know they are the same game, but shouldn't the game boot as Bust a Move ? Thanks for any help !

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I have had a couple legit carts. The eproms should have a small sticker with a
dot matrix number on it.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Thanks for the reply

I have been searching the site for all the info on Puzzle/Bust and apparently there are legits with eproms. To me eprom usually means boot or repair, but with this cart I am not sure. I will post some pics later so that the experts can see the program and CHA. Thanks much for the reply ... Tim

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The name of the game will vary depending on what region your BIOS is.

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
Bust-a-Move is Puzzle Bobble. Puzzle Bobble is what Bust-a-Move is called in Japan and other countries that aren't in North America or Europe.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply. I think I have got this one figured out. I would like some info on labels though. This cart has a holographic label, but I have other complete kits that have plain labels which I know are not boots. Does anyone know the story as to why some carts have holographic and some carts do not? Thanks...

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
In my experience, most legit Puzzle Bobbles/BAM's have 2 EPROM's. Many legit carts of other games have some EPROM's on them.

There is no apparent rhyme or reason to the holographic label thing.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Thanks Neo Alec

Yeah I get it, but it seems strange that the holographic label thing is random. Apparently a sign of a struggling company at the time trying to protect itself from piracy. I am sure now that my Bust A Move is legit, because I compared it to the pics of legit MVS carts at the ID website. Its too bad that there is not a complete collection of pics at Loopy's site for comparison. Though, I do appreciate what is there. Thanks for your input... TLH