PDA

View Full Version : Is my Bust a Move real ?

TLH
12-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Hi,

I have a Bust of Move kit that appears to be complete with the correct box, artwork and mini marquee. The cart label says "Bust a Move" and matches the Bust a Move artwork. The color of the cart is black and inside it contains all toshiba chips except for 2 eproms. There is one on the Program Board and one on the second board. The windows are not taped, and I plan on doing that. I can post some pics. That said, when I boot the game on my Neo 29, it comes up Puzzle Bobble, instead of Bust a Move. This is the only game in my collection that doesn't match the artwork and label when it boots. I know they are the same game, but shouldn't the game boot as Bust a Move ? Thanks for any help !

bustedstr8
12-28-2008, 01:17 AM
I have had a couple legit carts. The eproms should have a small sticker with a
dot matrix number on it.

TLH
12-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I have been searching the site for all the info on Puzzle/Bust and apparently there are legits with eproms. To me eprom usually means boot or repair, but with this cart I am not sure. I will post some pics later so that the experts can see the program and CHA. Thanks much for the reply ... Tim

madman
12-28-2008, 02:17 PM
The name of the game will vary depending on what region your BIOS is.

Mithos
12-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Bust-a-Move is Puzzle Bobble. Puzzle Bobble is what Bust-a-Move is called in Japan and other countries that aren't in North America or Europe.

TLH
12-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think I have got this one figured out. I would like some info on labels though. This cart has a holographic label, but I have other complete kits that have plain labels which I know are not boots. Does anyone know the story as to why some carts have holographic and some carts do not? Thanks...

Neo Alec
01-05-2009, 02:42 PM
In my experience, most legit Puzzle Bobbles/BAM's have 2 EPROM's. Many legit carts of other games have some EPROM's on them.

There is no apparent rhyme or reason to the holographic label thing.

TLH
01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah I get it, but it seems strange that the holographic label thing is random. Apparently a sign of a struggling company at the time trying to protect itself from piracy. I am sure now that my Bust A Move is legit, because I compared it to the pics of legit MVS carts at the ID website. Its too bad that there is not a complete collection of pics at Loopy's site for comparison. Though, I do appreciate what is there. Thanks for your input... TLH