areo fighters 3?

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
ok i have a cart(mvs)label says areo fighters 3 has serial number on the cart and matching # on the box

in game is areo fighters 3 still called sonic wings 3 or do i have a re labled cart
im new to this whole thing i dont really care one way or the other as i only paid 10$ for it but id really like to know

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The name depends on your BIOS region. Without pictures there is no way to tell if its real or a boot, but if it has a matching box and legit label, I'd have to say it's real.

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
ok so how do i tell what region my bios is
in my soft dip i can set japan ereo usa ect
i just thought it was weird game says areo fighters 3 but in game it says sonic wings

here is the cart

DSC03309.jpg

DSC03310.jpg

DSC03311.jpg

this is my 1 slot its a mv1-ft
DSC03292.jpg

madman

Neo Geo 101: Games will be different depending on your BIOS region.

Aero Fighters is called Sonic Wings in Japan. I'm not sure what it shows as in the Euro BIOS.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
The cart looks pretty legit to me, though PCB pics would be nice.

As far as the logo stuff, for some odd reason the game still says "Sonic Wings 3" even with a US BIOS in emulators. I know I shouldn't be using them but I haven't been able to get plans straigtened out with buying a Neo, I'll get one sooner or later. =/

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Name change on Boot?

The same thing happens with my bust a move cart. When I boot the cart in my cab it comes up Puzzle Bobble. When I opened it up, I was concerned because I found 2 eproms. Since then, I have confirmed that it was legit. There is a web link on the Neo site that directs to pictures of open carts. I am sure Aero 3 is on that website. Carefully unscrew the 4 screws on the back of your cart and lift out the program board. Doing this will reveal the CHA board. Now that you can see both boards, compare your boards to the legit boards on the website. Hope that helps - Also with your cart open confirm that the NGH# are the same as whats on the master list... That all there is to it. Just be careful when you open the cart... Best of Luck...

madman

Ugh...title screen has NOTHING to do with a game being a boot or not. This is based on the BIOS region. That AF3 looks legit, otherwise they spent a lot of time on a very accurate label.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The game carts hold all languages available. The mobo you put it into specifies to the cart which language to display.

If you have a japanese MVS board the games will boot with the japanese title screens. If you have a US MVS board the games will boot with the english title screens.

It doesnt matter what region the cart is. The cart is legit.

b33nine

n00b
I'm sitting on a sonic wings 3 cart that I'd also be really curious to know if it's legit or not. I *just* noticed the other day that the label is a photocopy, but it's taped over the top of a legitimate label of which I haven't been able to peel off sufficiently enough to know what it is.

It was one of the games that came with my cab when I bought it, and it's really not my kind of game so it makes no difference to me other than potentially selling it down the line.

I took some photos of the thing opened up so hopefully someone can tell me if it's real.

bootornot.jpg

madman

Yep, that's legit. Toshiba chips w/the proper NGH number on SNK boards.

b33nine

n00b
thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

Odd that someone would put a photocopy label on it, I think they even went so far as to write the serial # in ballpoint on the copy label.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

Odd that someone would put a photocopy label on it, I think they even went so far as to write the serial # in ballpoint on the copy label.

Most likely it's a japanese label so they put an english one over it.