Is my CPS3 cart dead?

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Hello, everybody.

I was testing some of my PCB's, and I tried my Street Fighter 3: New Generation CPS3 cart, and this is what I got:

IMG_2608.jpg

Is this what a dead CPS3 cart screen looks like, or could there be something else wrong here?

I appreciate any assistance in the matter. Thank you.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'd guess you'd have to start playing and not hoarding :(

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
A moment of silence for the passing of SF3.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
what a fucking waste, I would have played it

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Honest to god, I really loved NG. I thought it was well done... that is one series that just kept on getting better. Wow.

Sorry for your loss. Good news is, that's a fairly inexpensive game to replace.

PS: PM me damn it !

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Honest to god, I really loved NG. I thought it was well done... that is one series that just kept on getting better. Wow.

Sorry for your loss. Good news is, that's a fairly inexpensive game to replace.

PS: PM me damn it !

I did.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

Agreed, totally.

If there was any SF3 game I'd want it'd be SF3 NG , as that was how capcom originally wanted SF3, apart from Ryu and Ken being added last minute. I love that game and will definitely own it some day, its far better than 3S in 1p too. 3S is only good if you have a bunch of friends around ready to play versus.

See bibs, instead of just hoarding this it could have been in my cab being played and adored. :mad:

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
time to change all of your CPS3 batteries!

When is this encryption going to be defeated?? I can't wait for the day CPS3 universal carts exist, allowing you to play any game.

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
time to change all of your CPS3 batteries!

When is this encryption going to be defeated?? I can't wait for the day CPS3 universal carts exist, allowing you to play any game.

That time passed,

No one will make hardware that will run directly with a CPS3 unit.

If there is arcade piracy, it'll be on Mame.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Bullshit. It was only recently the CPS1 multi-game boards were brought out.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
That time passed,

No one will make hardware that will run directly with a CPS3 unit.

If there is arcade piracy, it'll be on Mame.

Totally disagree. Look at CPS1 and 2! 3, dare I say it, has even more appeal because of one of the greatest fighters of all time is on delicate hardware. There WILL be a fix.

(god, let there be a fix)

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
If anyone can do it, the chinese can. At the very least, it would be nice if the dead carts could be reprogrammed. I believe that CPS2 games can already be reprogrammed by certain individuals other than capcom, but it's been kept a secret.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
what a fucking waste, I would have played it
Playing games devalues them and can cause scratches on the case and definitely on the edge connector. Games are best kept sealed in a humidity and temperature controlled room that is free of sunlight that can possibly fade labels or cause yellowing of plastic. What do you think games are for? Fun? :hammer:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Playing games devalues them and can cause scratches on the case and definitely on the edge connector. Games are best kept sealed in a humidity and temperature controlled room that is free of sunlight that can possibly fade labels or cause yellowing of plastic. What do you think games are for? Fun? :hammer:

:help:

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
CPS3

I have a dead new generation does anyone repair these? or is it just the 3rd strikes that can be repaired by Capcom Japan.