Arcadeoverlay.com opinions?

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So I may just bite the bullet and order from Arcadeoverlay.com for my MVS-25 Neo Geo version 1 control panel.

But does the overlay that they send look just like the one in the picture on the web site... It seems to not look authentic..

neogeomvs23.687old.jpg

Compared to a real one (I understand its not looking exact, but the Left/Right player font seems off as well as the select game)
3070484395_f99376c89b_o.jpg

Just wondering if anyone ordered from them and what they thought...

Thank you!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I think the one in real life looks better than the one in the picture before printing to be honest.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
If that's your overlay in the picture, it looks really good and I agree with Spike. I think you already have a better overlay than what you're looking to buy. Sure, colors and etc... that's just a Vector mock-up, but I promise you if you're nitpicky (and it looks like you are) you won't be happy with the results.

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
thank you for input!

Thank you for the input guys.. Yeah the one in the picture is from a friends MVS-25 ..

I use it to base my restoration off of. I have a printer in Florida, but unfortunately I used the AI vector file from Arcade art for my close button set MVS version one.

Sadly this file was about 25% shrunk in size and produced a polycarbonate overlay that was way to small. I will most likely go with them again as they did great work. I just have to sit down and redesign the AI file so that it is at the correct dimensions.

I have a corel draw file that I used to laser cut my plexi panel so it hopefully will not be tough difficult.

I'll post pics soon. But if anyone has a Vector/A.I. file of a MVS-25 Version 1 Close button set I would be eternally grateful!!

Happy Holidays!