Help with my 4-Slot: Sound and Select Game Button

GnawRadar

n00b
Hey everybody, I recently just acquired a 4-slot MVS cab (the tall version with speakers at the top with the marquee) and finally got into place and all set up and ready to play and have come across a few problems. So far, myself along with the much needed help of fellow forum member MonoTekETea replaced all of the buttons and joysticks and set up the board. The monitor is great and the picture is very clear and the games play very well, but there is no sound and my select game button doesn't work. You can hear the slight fuzzy sound coming from the speakers if you listen close and when I adjust the volume on the board the fuzzy sound becomes slightly louder or softer as it is adjusted. Also, my select game button doesn't work.

Has anyone run into similar situations with their MVS boards/controls and does anyone have any suggestions for me to try to correct this. Thanks!

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
Just for the hell of it, throw a JAMMA board in there and see if it works. A JAMMA board that you dont really need, incase something goes wrong if you have one. It sounds like the MVS cable was converted into a JAMMA cable as the connectors are the same, but the wiring (speakers particularly) is slightly different. The select game and D buttons are also on the MVS connector where they are not on the JAMMA.

If you fire up a JAMMA game and everything works fine, sound, credits, buttons/joy etc., then this could be the case.

GnawRadar

n00b
I don't have a JAMMA board laying around (it would be nice though) to test it that way with. I'll ask around to see if anyone else I know has one but if I can't find one would there be another way to test these problems?

GnawRadar

n00b
From what I've tested they do not. The memory card board with the headphone jacks is not installed, but I plugged headphones directly into the board and no sound came out.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
4 slot boards don't have headphone outputs using the 1/8" jack. They use the 4pin connector instead.

You most likely need to put a cap kit in it to fix the sound if you have working speakers and a good 12v power supply.

RJ

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Runnemede, NJ...Hmm,where that near?...Glad to see another Jersey dude here with a Big Red..:buttrock:

GnawRadar

n00b
Runnemede, NJ...Hmm,where that near?...Glad to see another Jersey dude here with a Big Red..:buttrock:

It's in South Jersey and near Camden, Blackwood, and Cherry Hill. There's also another big red in Blackwood at Next Level Videogames which I probably play that cab more than most. Also, Chris1, there is the Gold Cab which MonoTekETea (Jeremy) bought from you at Next Level.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
It's in South Jersey and near Camden, Blackwood, and Cherry Hill. There's also another big red in Blackwood at Next Level Videogames which I probably play that cab more than most. Also, Chris1, there is the Gold Cab which MonoTekETea (Jeremy) bought from you at Next Level.

Cherry Hill,ahh yes there's an Arcade auction that I've been to there a few times..got some good stuff there and made some sales..

When I come back from Racing in MD we pass Cherry Hill...I think we pass a big water tower that says Cherry Hill....I know once we hit Cherry Hill.we still have a long ride home..:)

The Good Old Woody/Gold cab..Yup that's my old cab at Next Level...
I think it's awesome that it's there..:buttrock:

mvs 4 slot

Hey i just bought a mvs 4 slot cab and when i turn it on it boots into test mode. i have all the dip switches off but when i set the date and time then reboot i get a garbled graffic and it goes straight back to the test mode any sugestions