Can MVS bootlegs be used in a conversion?

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I don't see why they can't. The only difference is the fact that they use EPROMS. Fatal Fury 2 (fixed one) uses EPROMS and it was made by SNK so I am very sure that a bootleg game that uses EPROMS would work well for a conversion.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yes.As a matter afact... The NGF Zupapa consisted of World Heroes II PCB's and case,EPROMS and Zupapa ROM Code.The insert and label were KINKOS high quality.
-BB

HPMAN

UI resident
It depends of the boot.

Some use SNK boards and are ok to use, some others uses cutom PCB, which will require some rewiring on chips, others uses surface mounted chips and you won't be able to convert them.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
KaedesBlade:
Can MVS bootlegs be used in a conversion?
Yup. Just find the right/matching PCBs. I've been thinking about doing one with a trash Zed Blade boot that was sold to me by ASLAN11 that was "supposed" to be legit. This was before he started putting the disclaimer in his auctions. Buyer beware. I doubt that I ever will though.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR:
Yes.As a matter afact... The NGF Zupapa consisted of World Heroes II PCB's and case,EPROMS and Zupapa ROM Code.The insert and label were KINKOS high quality.
-BB
lol lol

That's the right answer! wink