Neo Online Collections (PS2) - Probobly Phasing Out

lordnikon

Another Striker
This may not be relevant to most of you, but I figured it was worth pointing out simply based on spotting trends with neo related goods.

The compilations in Japan so far have been under a brand "NeoGeo Online" which featured online play over KDDI. However it looks like this is no longer continuing, and after SS Collection (Neo Online Volume 12) there will be no more online.

ADK Tamashii and KOF 2002 Unlimited Match do not sport the online branding.

I think the most dissapointing facet of this is that ADK Tamashii doesn't sport the hexagonal interface seen in previous compilations. Now we have this pukey neon green monstrocity here:

http://image4.play-asia.com/640/7v/pa.141779.7.jpg

I really hope that isn't the in-game interface and is just some transitional splash screen or something.

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
Never had much interest in these collections. As I much prefer to own the carts. But I must say that green menu does look totally hideous.

fiolinagermi

Zero's Secretary
Never had much interest in these collections. As I much prefer to own the carts. But I must say that green menu does look totally hideous.
They are probably moving on to the PS3. Sony cut the PS2 emulation from the PS3 and will enevitably start phasing out the ps2 in the next year or so. They are probably just following suit. Microsoft could care less as well, since it has Xbox Live Arcade.

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
they're probably out of games to port to the PS2 I never used the online I doubt anyone else did either. Moving to the PS3 is too expensive.

I suspect XBLA will start seeing more SNK games soon.