Metal Slug 5 JAMMA PCB

IronGiant

Armored Scrum Object
Got myself a couple of faulty Metal Slug 5 JAMMA PCBs - does anyone know what type of RAMS they use?

All of the RAMs on the PCB are:

HY62WT081ED55C

which are 28-pin surface mounts as you would find on, for example, the larger 2, 4 and 6 slot Neo Geos.

Are the RAMs in question perhaps your usual 62256 SRAMs? Can't seem to find any technical details on the part number HY62WT081ED55C

Thanks

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I've looked and looked. I can't find any info on that datasheet.

Can you post pics of the board and close-ups on the RAM chips?

RJ

IronGiant

Armored Scrum Object
Thanks for looking - I could take some photos but my camera is useless for close-ups and it would be impossible to make out any of the text. They look just like 62256's (same size, etc and are distributed around the board in a similar fashion as on the assorted Neo Geo 1, 2, 4 slots etc.

Ah, hang on, just found a pic of the board that someone else has taken, nice and clear too!

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8711/ms5pcb13ff.jpg

You can see the RAMs clearly, and the number is the same as mine.

IronGiant

Armored Scrum Object
Have now found that the part number on the RAM chips on the MS5 JAMMA board is apparently incomplete!

The part is marked as HY62WT081E but I've found out that the actual part number
is HY62WT08081E !!!

Here's a datasheet:

http://www.datasheets.org.uk/pdf/1669143.pdf

Which, to me, looks just the same as the 62256 type used on most Neo Geo boards. Would you agree?

IronGiant

Armored Scrum Object
Fixed it at last - despite replacing the two 62256 RAMs at RAM5 and RAM6 the fault remained. However, after MUCH hunting around with a powerful illuminated magnifier I found two extremely small nicks in a couple of tracks - first the address line at pin one of the graphics ROM 268-C1 had been severed, trouble is that this cut had caused the rest of the graphics ROMs to be missing that address line. fixing that line sorted out the major graphics corruption but I was still left with assorted rogue pixels all over the display - they were caused by a minor cut to the line from pin 26 on the ROM 268-C2

Phew!