Quick question

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Do regular xbox consoles have hdmi support? I try to search for cables online and all that comes up are the 360 ones. Thanks to any who answer.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Nah, they have component though, and some games run in 720p too if you use a component cable.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Nah, they have component though, and some games run in 720p too if you use a component cable.

Well the problem I'm having is that I'm using an HDtv. Several months ago I had a thread asking about latency problems between consoles and tvs, as I was getting a good half second of lag between what I did on the controller and what came up on the tv. I got an hdmi cable for the 360 and bam, no lag at all. I still get lag on the regular xbox, so I was hoping to be able to correct that with a cable. Anybody know of a chance that a component cable would fix this?

Valsimot

n00b
You can get VGA out of it if that helps any.
Don't know if there are any premade cables but there is a tutorial here.

Vga or component cable would give you decent but you shouldn't be having that problem in the first place, i never had that with my old xbox. Must be the way your tv receives the signal.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
HDMI is a very recent innovation in consoles. Only PS3 and newer 360's have it. Don't expect anything older to have it. You should probably just play your original XBox games on the 360.