EVO 2008 Mark of the Wolves tourney

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Part 1

Theres about 20 parts total. I'm assuming the Master Giby in the videos is the same one from the forums here right?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
you'd think a big tourney like evo could find a home cart or mvs to play it on. is kain balanced for vs?

Last edited:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
He's balanced for tourney's. The game is very balanced, ignore most of the broken shit you see in combo vids

We used the real Neo version a year or two back, and everyone bitched cause they couldn't use their sticks, so we just did it on PS2. Its available to damn near everyone(most of the fighting game community has a modded PS2) and they could use their own sticks/pads. The only person who bitched about the tourney being on PS2 is me

*Hugs his Neo stick

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i always thought it was weird the games were played on ps2 without standardized controls and what not.

really odd for a tournament. tournament to me implies a controlled setting where everythings the same to both participants.

but thats not really important.

i guess the big thing is what if someone hits pause during a match?

youre pretty beastly with kevin there. im fairly terrible at motw.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
i always thought it was weird the games were played on ps2 without standardized controls and what not.

really odd for a tournament. tournament to me implies a controlled setting where everythings the same to both participants.

I agree, it's really lame. I completely lost respect for evo when someone mentioned that SSF2T was played from the anniversary collection via ps2.

In fact...

It kinda made me feel like this...

CharlieFlashKick.jpg

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Evo is a console tourney, ts been this way for the past few years, most major fighting game tourney's in the US are on console.

MvC2 - DC
ST - PS2
3S - PS2
CvS2 - DC
Brawl - Wii

Its much more cost efficient and a hell of a lot easier to set up. They use the best ports of the games and each of these ports are perfect, if not damn near perfect. It lets people use their own pad/stick/keyboard(I've seen some people use KB believe it or not).

If someone hits pause during a match it ends up being a DQ in certain situations. But the only game that tends to happen in is MvC2 when people try to mash during supers. I've seen it happen once in GG, but never in the other Capcom games.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
...I would just like to add that using Kain in a tournament is pathetic.

In tourney rules, any person using Kain or Akuma should have to be kicked in the balls prior to the first round.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
people should man up and not blame the controller. :emb:

i should go to evo and bring a cabinet with me and demand it be hooked up as my controller.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
DC 3S doesn't have Uriens unblockable, and has some frame/timing issues.

not sonic - people do bring super guns with a makeshift cab holding it, but it gets used in the BYOC for smaller tournies, mainly A3, XvSF, MvC....etc

BigTins, why is it pathetic? Don't use the 'he's a boss' BS either.

fiolinagermi

Zero's Secretary
i mean its fine if they want to practice on the console version, but if its going to be a tournament, it should be the original. Otherwise, its just wrong.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
...I would just like to add that using Kain in a tournament is pathetic.

In tourney rules, any person using Kain or Akuma should have to be kicked in the balls prior to the first round.

Yeah, thats why Akuma is banned from MOTW tourneys :rolleyes:

Saisyu Kusanagi

Kuroko's Training Dummy
People who use Bosses have already stamped " I am a scrub on there forhead" and were not good enough to play the regular characters given to them to survive at high tournament level.

kingbuzzo

Zero's Secretary
If they want to have any kind of breakthrough with any snk game at a tourney like this, it'll have to be on console.

Maybe if snk games at tourneys get more popular we'll see actual mvs and atomiswave hardware, but I doubt it.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I read that the best 3S port is on Dreamcast, although because of graphics and not for playability issues

Hmm hmm, heheheh... hahahahahhaa. HHAAAAAAA HAAA HA HAAAAAA. BWAAAA haaaa haaa haaaaa!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
A tourney SHOULD have standardized controls. I'm pretty sure someone can whip up a stick with macros and pull all sorts of shit.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
FR XII in Atlanta is going to have the MOTW tourney played on MVS and on the neo home system. :smirk:

I only wish the Man chest was on 2df a little more so I could play him....

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I haven't been on 2df much in the past few months. I get on GGPO every so often, but even thats rare now. Just IM me and if Im free and my PC isn't acting stupid, we can play.

I remember talking with Shin Blanka about Garou a few months ago. I still plan on going to FRXII, but I don't think I'll be able to make it :(

kingbuzzo

Zero's Secretary
Hmm hmm, heheheh... hahahahahhaa. HHAAAAAAA HAAA HA HAAAAAA. BWAAAA haaaa haaa haaaaa!

That's awesome. My friends and I were talking about KOF one time on the street and I just broke out into the Yagami laugh for good measure.

But yeah, there's nothing wrong with the DC port. It's a perfect port of Ver.B. But Ver.A is the better one, and the one everyone plays.

This thread makes me want to dish out the dough for Garou MVS now.