MV1A SOUND PROBLEM !!

geotrig

n00b
Hi was hoping some one can help me please.I have a MV1A which there is no sound at present.I have checked the cab and there is sound as i have other boards connected up i have checked power supply and there is 12 volts coming off ,also at the speaker connectors as well.i have 2 power suppllies and with 1 i get a hum and with the other nothing the one with the hum is 12v 3amps +5v 15amps, and the other that gives nothing is 12v 2 amps and 5v 10amps or 15amps it's hanterax us 250. I have checked through the forums and have come across some references but nothing concrete .i have checked the TA8021ak but not entirely certain if i's ok but will check again tonight ,I'm not sure on the DAC YM3016-D ,is there somechere i can tap into the sound with the speakers before any of these or somewhere in the system to verify that there is sound somewhere and to narrow down to a couple of devise or caps ?

geotrig

n00b
Ya have switched carts and with both no sound , both are originals it rules out dodgy copies!!

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
OK...

Fire up the board without a cart installed. Maneuver through the menu to the sound test. Do you have sound there?

If so: you have a cart or slot problem.
If not: you have a bad cap or broken volume pot.

RJ

geotrig

n00b
ya it's definetly the motherboard as there is no sound i have replaced the volume pot so it's not that either ,i have 2 suspect caps so i have ordered these and will change once they arrive hopefully this sorts it out !!if not back to the drawing board.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Any cap in the audio subsystem could cause problems... I've seen the 470uf caps between the output of the audio amp IC and the JAMMA edge connector cause lots of problems, but they are by no means the only caps to go bad in the audio section.

RJ

geotrig

n00b
ya thanks for the heads up was going to change all of them at once .One of the 2 suspect one's was 470uf and the other was 4.7uf so fingers crossed when i have these changed i'll have sound ... ...

Hey, good luck with that, can you tell where where you fund out what component was what? I just got a mvs 6 slot and the audio is really really quiet so i'm trying to figure out what might be the problem.

Cheers.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Just put a cap kit in that 6 slot.

I have some cap kits on my website. I'm low on stock and need to put a big order in.

Just put a cap kit in that 6 slot.

I have some cap kits on my website. I'm low on stock and need to put a big order in.

If you've got a kit in stock i'll order it now, i can't find a way to actually pay via your website though should i just email you?

EDIT: sorry for hijacking the thread, the forum won't let me make a new thread which is annoying as there are other things i want to ask.

Last edited:

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Drop me a note through the Contact Us page and I'll check tonight when I get back to the house. If I don't have a kit in stock, I'll have 'em back in stock shortly after Christmas.

RJ