control panel MVS screw info needed!

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I am restoring a MVS-25 Neo Geo version 1

Does anyone have the technical specs/ name & size on the screws that hold the plexi / CP overlay down. There are 2 missing on my cab and I need to replace them. I figure home depot has them but if anyone has the exact specs it would be greatly appreciated.

3070484395_f99376c89b_o.jpg

thank you...

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I just took one to home depot years ago and matched it up to a small carriage bolt..

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
screw back at the house

unfortunately I forgot to bring one with me to the USA. Does anyone know the size/name for these.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I don't know the exact bolt number offhand but the type of carriage bolt is determined by both the diameter of the bolt shaft and the spacing of the threads on the shaft. If you have one handy to measure you should be able to find it in an online catalog.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
8/24 or 10/24 size carriage bolt should work just fine. Length should be no longer than 1" in a thin metal control panel.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
If you need the exact info - part #, size, etc -- let me know if you will be going to home depot or lowes. I'll pull one of my bolts and take it to whichever one and get you the info. I have both stores within 10 minutes of my house.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
I have both stores within 10 minutes of my house.

Ha, awesome. I've got 2 Home Depot's within 5 minutes of me, and 2 Lowes within 10 minutes, then a Hobby Lobby for small odds and ends or for the wife's bead obsession.

That's pretty cool.

TheBakachan

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
As I understand it, it's a standard arcade cabinet carriage bolt. Even if there are different threads, all that matters is that you have matching nuts for them. (I have yet to see any that aren't 8-32 though)

You can get them, and matching nuts, off LizardLick. I need to get some, too. I have two CPs now that are going to need new bolts ;<

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
If you need the exact info - part #, size, etc -- let me know if you will be going to home depot or lowes. I'll pull one of my bolts and take it to whichever one and get you the info. I have both stores within 10 minutes of my house.

Awesome topher!!!!:buttrock:

:) i was just coming to the site to offer to do the same thing since I have to go to one by next week

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
thank you !!! thank you

Thank you for the information guys, simple thing like a bolt can even prove to be tough. I should of brought the stuff with me. All my boxes I shipped from the states are already in at the post office (amazing it was so fast!)

I'll update when I get the new stuff on the MVS cab.