SF4 not hitting the US

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
Not surprising at all. The American arcade died out years ago. Too many lazy fat-asses not wanting to get off their couches. Especially with consoles that have equal or better graphics than arcade games.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Not surprising at all. The American arcade died out years ago. Too many lazy fat-asses not wanting to get off their couches. Especially with consoles that have equal or better graphics than arcade games.
Eh, why lease when you can buy? In the 1980s and early 1990s arcade games were better than anything you could own at home, so there was a reason to play them. Now we're in the complete opposite situation. The home version of SF4 is going to be better in every way than the arcade release. Improved graphics, increased roster, the home game will have endings, etc. Plus, it's coming out in only a few months; February, here. What's the point for either Capcom or consumers?

Anyhow, the article is only talking about "official" release to US arcades. SF4 is already in arcades in the US right now.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I didn't know SF4 was on the MVS system. thats amazing

still trucking on, what a system.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
No surprise, but for those near NYC there is an arcade on Mott street in China town that has a few street fighter 4 cabs as well as a whole bunch 2d fighting games.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
That's too bad. But, beatmania (as well as lots of other games) never had an official release here, but can still be found pretty easily.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Kramer also revealed that peripheral firm Mad Catz paid a visit to Capcom yesterday showing off "near production versions" of some arcade joysticks they'll be producing.

"They're awesome. I mean, really good. ... really, really, really nice. You can pretty much recreate the entire experience in your home."

lol

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Official release or not, I figured any arcade that really wanted it would have already imported it. It's a dollar a pop at the arcade here and I don't like it enough to justify a dollar.

I'm sure the home experience for most people will be plenty. Plus the home versions will have all them extra characters for those who care.

J. Max

judas,
madcatz and good are two completely different things

The new Madcatz sticks (at least the higher end line) are going to be made with Sanwa parts. They've taken input from some of the competition players, and incorporated into the designs. They honestly look awesome.

And there are arcades in the US?

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Reserved the homecart at the Neo Store.

scrooge_mcballin.jpg

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Well, too bad arcades are all but dead in America, no more of just walking up to the machine and saying "I got next" heh. But if nothing else, hopefully SF4 will have solid online play. Sounds like Capcom is already pulling out all the stops on this one, what with the improved roster, graphics etc.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Will there be classic inserts available with the AES release? :spock:

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
yeah this doesn't surprise me its an expensive machine and arcades are not doing well, they wouldn't have sold m(any) anyway. A few may import though

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
yeah, I dont know how somebody would make their money back on a SF4 cab.. You would need thousands upon thousands of plays to just break even..

Some of you are forgetting that for competitive purposes, the game being released here in FEBRUARY is a huge timegap between when the Japanese have been playing it for 8 months or so... it's no fun starting off with that kind of handicap.

Luckily lots of places in CA, NY and 2 Seattle area arcades have imported SFIV kits, it's an AMAZING GAME.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Too bad about "SF4 not hitting that thar US," eh? Don't know why the topic title is in German.

The link talks about importing a whole cab, but all of this international release crap could be solved if they just sold one multilingual conversion kit for the game. Most arcade boards have region and language settings now, and they could ship with multiple language versions of the documentation. The manufacturer wouldn't have to produce a separate version for the US. Problem solved.

Neogeofan12

Banned
It doesn't help that you need TWO cabs/kits to play SFIV. Most arcades would stay away from SFIV (and T6 I think, I think T6 also uses two cabs right?). :oh_no:

Funny thing is Aksys Games is bringing over the English arcade version of BlazBlue to the US. $3500 est for the English kit, but at least you need one cab for two players.

Another fighting game that's geting an arcade US release: Arcana Heart 2 (who's bringing the game to the US, from the people who did Pump It Up). :spock:

What the hell, the big name fighting games are not getting offical US releases while the fighting games that usually have no chance in hell of getting release is actually getting a US release. :spock: