Raiden 2 query

IronGiant

Armored Scrum Object
This is annoying - just finished repairing an original Raiden 2 board and the PLD (an AMI 18CV8-15 at location U0342) is starting to fail (it only works for a brief period if freezer spray is applied - as soon as it warms up then the game locks up).

Does anyone know if this chip has been dumped? Or even if there's a workaround?

Ta.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The mame set does not seem to include the pal/gal images. Also the images do not seem to match the real hardware. (mine is a Seibu Kaihatsu version)

Maybe Im looking at the wrong set ?

I can send you a copy of the peel but suspect it is security coded - so unless you can do some reverse engineering it may be of no use.

Last edited:

IronGiant

Armored Scrum Object
There are a few versions of the software, and in some cases the main program code is split across two EPROMs instead of four. There are also two versions of the board. The PLDs should be the same though.

The board has two PLDs - one at location U0342 - an AMI 18CV8-15 with the part no: JJ4B02 (this is the one that's faulty on my board).

The other is a PAL16L8BCN-33, right next to the previous one at location U0341 and with the part no: JJ4B01

Thanks for the offer to try and dump yours, anything is worth a try! Will PM you now.