Naomi Question

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
I bought a US Naomi GD board set. Can I play japanese games on my US board set? Is there a region lock?

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Games_OnGames:
Yup you Need new IC Chips for your Naomi Mother Board simple as that.
Great, now where can I purchase one of these?

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
wondering is there any possible way to make a naomi supergun? isn't it on a jamma 2 standard? but what is that composed of? and is it anything that can be purchased seperate of a cab?

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
zorro:
wondering is there any possible way to make a naomi supergun? isn't it on a jamma 2 standard? but what is that composed of? and is it anything that can be purchased seperate of a cab?
Why make a Supergun when the system has VGA output? That's what I'm going to do.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
vga? is vga what they use to connect to computer monitors? that's good but I'd rather hook it up to a big screen. and I'd also probably take it to my friends houses

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
zorro:
vga? is vga what they use to connect to computer monitors? that's good but I'd rather hook it up to a big screen. and I'd also probably take it to my friends houses
No, it's what they use to connect to VGA monitors like the one in the Dynamo Showcase. Also, TVs are beginning to support VGA, and the picture is much better. Of course you can also connect it to a computer monitor.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
I am trying to play Street Fighter Alpha 3 upper on the Naomi but I keep on getting an error 3 (Disk Not Compatible with motherboard). I put in the ic chip on even swapped with another but I still get an error. Is there another way to get japanese games to work on a US Naomi board?

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Did you out in the key chip (on the DIMM board), or new EEPROM? It sounds to me like you may need new EEPROM.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
naomi's are like 600 dollars. If I had something worth that much by itself I wouldn't fuck with it too much. how much did you get it for? also does anyone know where to get naomi's the cheapest? (If you say ebay than you're a fool!) the last auction I saw on ebay was 1200 for the board and cd thing w/ no games and no cab. Also is there any real reason for noami? I mean I heard that all thier games came out on dc w/better stuff. Were there any exclusives? sorry for sounding like I'm bashing naomi I'm just wondering why it would be desirable

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
zorro:
naomi's are like 600 dollars. If I had something worth that much by itself I wouldn't fuck with it too much. how much did you get it for? also does anyone know where to get naomi's the cheapest? (If you say ebay than you're a fool!) the last auction I saw on ebay was 1200 for the board and cd thing w/ no games and no cab. Also is there any real reason for noami? I mean I heard that all thier games came out on dc w/better stuff. Were there any exclusives? sorry for sounding like I'm bashing naomi I'm just wondering why it would be desirable
You heard wrong. The Naomi is a more powerful machine than the Dreamcast.