Problems with sound on a MV1FZ

mikehaggar

n00b
Hey everybody, here's my problem. Just got a MV1-FZ for my cab, along with a few games.

It was pulled out of a working cab by the seller (he claims). The game itself plays fine, however, the sound is all messed up. Basically, the volume is too loud and is horribly distorted, no matter how low I turn the volume on my cabinet. Furthermore, when I turn the volume pot on the MVS PCB, NOTHING happens. I have a ton og jamma pcbs, and turning the volume pot always gets a response, but not this one. It's as if it is frozen at this horribly loud volume.

Can anybody guess the problem, and is there a fix? Also, I am plugging this directly in my jamma harness, as the PCB itself says JAMMA on it, so I'm assuming no converter of any kind is needed, as it is with other Neo Geo's.

Thanks for the help!

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Broken pot, shorted pot, or a bad cap.

Look for components touching each other and shorting out... or junk shorting out traces on the bottom of the board.

RJ

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
These boards don't have a Slide Volume switch huh?...Pots Hmmm..I never knew that.

Thinking.
otherwise then from what was said..

Any chance this jamma cab is using some sort of sound amp that might be not compatible with the board..

What's those jamma cabs that use amps in them.CPSII?