Hello from Canada

powerlink

n00b
I have been lurking on the forums now for a bit just getting information about what its like to get involved with collecting Neo Geo games so I didn't rush in clueless. Been playing video games my whole life and when I was growing up I knew a kid in school that had a Neo Geo AES. When I was at his house one day I got to play Fatal Fury and was shocked that he had the same game I played at the arcade at home. Shortly after that I was made to understand why I had not seen a Neo Geo before...they were out of the price range of most kids xmas lists lol.

Over the last few years I have taken to collection some of the game and systems I never had the chance to experience. I have held off on the Neo Geo untill now partly because I like to as mentioned get info before and also I was getting stuff for other systems and the Neo Geo seems to be a potentially cash hungry collection lol. Anyways I am sure I will get to know some of you on here and hope that I will soon have some good finds to tell of......in fact lets start with one right now!!

Found this on Ebay and its my very first Neo Geo AES console :) Purchased from Seattle Goodwill so hope when I plug it in will have luck.
Price Paid: 91.00USD
Neo Geo AES Gold System Serial #:020700
Missing AC Adapter/AV Cable/Mem card/pack in game

11bf_1.jpg

1256_1.jpg

13cf_1.jpg

Last edited:

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Hey there. Saw that auction on teh bay as well. Welcome from Wisconsin man. Let us know how she works for ya, or if you need some suggestions for some great games.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Ontarion as well. Quite a few of us as well.

Where are you from?

powerlink

n00b
Near Niagara Falls myself here.

I am actually interested in finding some games to start out my collection. I have looked and found on ebay that company who is selling NOS in packs of 9. After reading the forums seems there is mixed feelings about these carts and their condition. Also understand these carts are not really considered all that rare so but might consider it for a start.

Also been considering getting a MVS Converter II just curious if Neo Store still is active and able to sell those? If they are not worth it in the end that would be nice to find out before hand lol. While I do want to collect AES games my main concern is to play so not to worried if its just best to do mvs carts.

Thanks for any input

powerlink

n00b
I did not want to post a new thread and be seen as just braggin about my new system. For the price I payed though I thought some might be interested to see the condition of my 91 dollar AES from Goodwill through ebay. I got the AC Adapter from a forum member here but overall I am happy with how it arrived.

IMGP2637.jpg

IMGP2644.jpg

IMGP2638.jpg

IMGP2639.jpg

IMGP2641.jpg

IMGP2642.jpg

IMGP2643.jpg

NeoNinja

n00b
Congrats, it looks like you got yourself a nice clean system there!

Perhaps the box took most of the years' damage...

And hello from another newbie :)

(I can't even start my own topic in this forum yet...)