Puzzle Bobble - I hope it is a real one this time

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Okay so please take a look at my cart here. I got this recently and up until now ever pb cart I have managed to get has been a boot. Though this one should be real but I would like a second opinion. No offence to the member I picked up from, I'm just not up to speed on with my boot detection knowledge as of yet.

pb2.jpg

pb1.jpg

So guys tell me I got a real one this time. Those taped up chips did look a bit funny and that one chip that looks like it was put in a bit at an angle on one side seems more like it was done by hand but then again it could have been repaired I guess or the machine that does it was having an off day.

Mutation

Super Sidekicks 3
Your Puzzle Bobble looks like a legit refurbished/repaired one on PCBs (no possibility to reburn Toshiba PROMs)... because it has no EPROMs (except P1, S1 and M1) and false NGM/NGH, it should be 083 instead of 044 (see C3 and C4 on your screen ; 044 = Art of Fighting)...

btw, most of Puzzle Bobble cart, at least Bust-A-Move ones in jap, look like that (EPROMs clearly labelled D96 restocked with Power Spikes II PROMs) :

puzzlebobblepcb1large.jpg

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
That is great news. I was not sure how to tell with this one. I was told it was real and had no reason to doubt the person as they have a good record but I was wanting to know how one could tell such a thing when there is so much going on as on this board. All of the other boots I've had I could spot right away for sure and that kind of has made me a bit nervous I guess.

Best of all now it can go on my shelf with the rest of my carts that collect dust.

Thanks for the info.