My next project......

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Alrighty,

I just obtained a 6-Slot MVS board from a fellow board member, 300wins.

I want to turn this bad boy into a home system, similar to my Shadow4 & eveyone else's "consolized" units. I would like to be able to use it in a cabinet if I change my mind. I know the Shadow4 has dual capability. It can serve both purposes still......

Here is what I think I need:

• Power Supply (5v, correct? How many amps?)
• Some kind of converter that takes the RGB signal & converts it to S-Video AND Composite! (j-rock?)
• Do I need some sort of piece to access Stereo sound?
• AES Joystick ports are already mounted, correct?
• Credit LED counters/displays

I also bought a Memory card daughter board, so this fella' is gonna be mounted within the beast too. I believe this may have headphone jacks on it too :)

If you guys could point me in the right direction for all the parts listed above, it would be great. I don't want a big, honking PC power supply with metal & fans everywhere. The Shadow4 has a nice black box (just a little larger than an AES's power supply), which would be superb.

Thanks in advance to all who can/will help me in this endeavor......

Kpj

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
That's one huge consolized system you're gonna have there. make_fac

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
my next project will be quite similar. planned it since january, but didn't have the time, yet. :)

Power Supply (5v, correct? How many amps?)
+5v & +12v. the one of the shadow prolly won't do it.

Some kind of converter that takes the RGB signal & converts it to S-Video AND Composite! (j-rock?)
jrok = buttrock

Do I need some sort of piece to access Stereo sound?
maybe a speaker to line level adapter.

<small>[ June 25, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: supergoose79 ]</small>

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Get a new and improved mini JAMMA power supply. I have one now, so if you need a model number, drop me a pm

Has all the Voltages you'll need too.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
The 6-slot can run on +5V only like the 2-, 4- and a couple of 1-slots.

dave6479

Rugal's Thug
Here is a link <a href="http://www.jrok.com/hardware/RGB.html" target="_blank">Jrok</a>. :D

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
As MKL Mentioned, your 6 slotter will run on just 5 volt input fine and this goes for about every other JAMMA board I've played with, but ya just get no sound on most as they need the audio amp running off the 12v supply to output sound. However the MV-1, MV-1F, MV-2F, MV-4F & MV-6F don’t require 12v at all as they have a pre-amp that is fed by the 5v supply and output stereo sound at line level at either a headphone jack or a 4 pin connector labelled ‘headphone’ usually on the left edge of the board. The pin-out for the 4 pin headphone connector should be in your manual if you were lucky enough to get one with it, other wise just download one
<a href="http://www.hardmvs.com/manuals/6SlotServiceManual.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.hardmvs.com/manuals/6SlotServiceManual.pdf</a>

JROK is the go with RGB encoders. Though I recommend you attach a port (say like 8 pin mini din) for direct RGB output! Coz if you ever get around to getting a nice big arcade monitor to use outside a cabinet you'll never go back to the TV, Erk!! S-Video is good but not comparable to pure RGB! multi_co

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Oh forgot to mention that yeah the board will run on only 5v but it will need plenty of amps!! The big neo boards suck heaps of juice so I recommend no less than say 10amps on the 5v line. I've actually got my 4 slotter running on a small 5v 5amp power supply but its cutting it fine and I couldn't have the power cable nice n long as the current dropped too much. Go for 10amp if ya can!! drool

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
John_Smith:
the MV-1, MV-1F, MV-2F, MV-4F & MV-6F don’t require 12v at all as they have a pre-amp that is fed by the 5v supply and output stereo sound at line level at either a headphone jack or a 4 pin connector labelled ‘headphone’
The MV-1, all 2-slots, the older 4-slot and the 6-slot require a simple hack to work with +5V only:

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004294#000000" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004294#000000</a>

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Jeez thanks MKL! Guess ya learn something new every day. I have a 1F and a 4f and they both work with just the 5v input and have normal headphone output! Guess I only assumed that the 6f would be the same. Cheers! glee