[TGS 08] Spring 2009 - KoF 98 Ultimate Match, Metal Slug 7 to XBLA

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Courtesy Joystiq's liveblog: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/08/joystiq-live-from-microsofts-tgs-2008-press-conference/

"11:23PM ET – He's got a surprise announcement. Another legendary franchise into the Xbox 360 family! Tekken 6 is available at launch on Xbox 360! Says the game will launch in Fall 2009. A great lineup for fans of all sorts of Japanese game genres. Onto Xbox Live Arcade – "a beloved ecosystem" where classic games can find a new home. Taito is making Space Invaders Extreme and Arkanoid Live – updates of those two classic arcade hits. SNK is bringing Metal Slug 7 for Xbox Live Arcade. Also King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match, in Spring 2009. Also R-Type Dimensions – there's a Tozai logo on the ground there, the same developers bringing Lode Runner to XBLA."

I'm not sure if they really mean Metal Slug 7...that was a DS game. It would be a little weird to take that as the basis for their HD Metal Slug.

Last edited:

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
as awsome as having MS7 and KOF98UM come to XBLA...

ARKANOID LIVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
As I posted in the other thread: Are we just going to see a port of Metal Slug 7 [DS] or is this in fact the rumored MS HD?

Perhaps it's an "HD" version of MS7? Maybe even with some new content (hopefully).

Either way, i'm there on release day. I might have to get a stick for my 360 for this.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
great news! cant wait fro Slug 7 on Live!and too bad for sony fanboys!tekken is also on the 360!lol

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
wait....why was MS7 released on the DS?
For a short while there (and still to some degree) the portables were regarded as the 2d systems of last resort.

Thankfully we now have downloadables on consoles that are doing good money, so it's feasible to use that same small code team and a reasonable team of artists to do high res projects, or retro projects.

The one I'm most looking forward to at the moment from this list that isn't from SNK is Space Invaders Extreme, which I've played the hell out of on PSP.

Funny that 360 is the one console that has Dead or Alive (1-4), Tekken 6, Soul Calibur 4, and Virtua Fighter 5. All with online, except DoA 1. Plus Senko no Ronde. 3d Fighter's paradise. Still need to have a PS to play some of the collections unless you're a CPS-2 and MVS collector, but this is pretty much beyond my expectations of what would ever happen in terms of every 3d fighter of import (Brawl isn't a 3d fighter of import is the implication here) being together on one system. Hopefully we'll hear something about the newer SNK fighters coming to 360 as well soon.

Oh, and Street Fighter 4 of course. How could I forget that?

The only thing that would make me more happy would be if SEGA announced that Megamix was coming back.

Last edited:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Wow.

So a version of MS7,KOF98 and also Tekken 6?! Random but awesome.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
When they're talking about MS7, they mean MS7 on the DS, yeah.

So..what?
7 won't be released on the DS in America?

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
sweet ms7 on live arcade so I don't have to play on a ds (which I don't own right now anyway)

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 7 according to Ignition usa will have a DS release in November.

Ignition will also release 98Um in January 09.

SNKP apparently will release Orochi Collection later this month, and I'm guessing Samsho Collection in December.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
GRAVEYARD BUMP

Where the hell are these games? :mad:

It took them forever to release Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Shodown II, so this is not unexpected, although it's fucked up that KOF XII is less than two months away from home release, and '98 UM still has no firm release date. :lolz:

Let's also not forget that the (unfortunately "meh") Samurai Spirits Sen home version was supposed to have come out by now as well.

They did release Metal Slug 3 on XBLA fairly quickly from what I remember...

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I think it has something to do with Microsoft's approval process too. Because they only want to release one (or two, max) games a week, they seem to push release dates back a lot. Plus I'm sure you have to jump through a fuckton of hoops and whatnot as well.

Still, I look forward to the eventual release of these games too... They'll turn up sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
It'd be nice if SNKP/Ignition would issue a statement letting us know that it's in Microsoft's hands.

I just want to play MS7 on something other than my phatty DS.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'd say that news sucks that we have to wait that long...but at least we're still getting it - which is definitely better than it not coming out at all (like i had feared.)

I'm willing to wait for it on XBL. At least they're giving us MoTW, although it's a little too close to KoF XII. Sucks that KoF XII got pushed back to 7-20