NGBC Thread

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Alright, I just got this game and I'm loving it (yeah, I know I'm late to the party). It feels a lot looser than KOF, but not as loose as SF, and I like that. My main thing is that I have no idea how to play it. I understand the concept behind the double assaults, although I'm not trying to effectively impliment them during a serious match. I looked on the first couple pages of this section and didn't see any NGBC threads other than 2 DA question threads, so I figure I'd make this.

I'd like to hear from some good players. Who do you guys use? What strats do you have? I don't know what the tier list is for this game. Right now I'm mainly using Hanzo/Fumma because I'm a World Heroes fag but they definitely feel mid-tier to me because some of their normals are just shitty. I'd love to hear if anybody else uses them, and if not, who you do use.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I tend to use Ryo and Robert. I am having problems getting the special double assault to work with either character anyone have any suggestions?

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I like Ryo and Hanzo alot!

I am still trying to figure out some of the dp's myself. I am gonna go play this when I get home.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Hanzo is a good pick. Even more so when you pull off his high-level DM.
I think I paired him with Kim and got rather far.

Pairing Hanzo with Terry gets similar results.

The Orochi look-alike (I call him that because remembering the new name I can't do and spell. And I don't have the will to look at the box or GameFAQs.) can fall pretty quick to Ryo/Robert. The Haoh-shou-kou-ken hits Orochi-mite pretty hard.

But that was infinite mode and not arcade.

In arcade Orochi-mite regenerates health in complete, BS-O-Meter chart topping proportions in all wanting to frustrate the player. Coupled with not being "Tag", your team is counted as K.O.ed after one life meter is out compared to having the partner jump in once the first is K.O.ed.

Once I unlocked the Igniz re-color though there wasn't much point to keep playing.
Endings were all unlocked at that point too.

Not that there's much to the endings. They're just scrolling text in gallery with art that doesn't do any of them justice.

It's still a neat game.

Maybe I'll fire up the PS2 again tonight to play it again.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The thing with the Double Assault attacks is that there are requirements before you can actually pull them off, for example the Ryo & Robert combo has individual requirements for whichever character is on play at the moment, and I believe that Roberts is that freakish new kick that needs succesive motions only the last hit can be made after the succesion and it is that particular klast hit that needs to be performed like 5 times in order to be able to use the double attack assault.

I agree with Wes NGBC is for the keeps! Sexy Shermie & Geese all the way!

Major Edit: Master Tung is amazing as well!

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Fuuma's awesesome in NGBC.

His new :hcf: + kick special is great for lenghty juggle combos, more so with cornered foes.
His Exploding Atomic Crash DM has some great priority (Took Kim out of his rush DM with it one time.).
His :hcb: + punch special works up close and from a distance (Similar to Hanzou's :forward: + Strong Punch, it can cause a wire set-up on a counter hit.).
He's great in close quarters.

Fuuma does have a few disadvantages, however:

He can only combo with the weak punch version of his projectile and unlike Hanzou, neither of the double versions (Hanzou can combo his weak double projecile.)
His uppercut still goes straight up.
His fireball DM can be reflected (Surprisingly, Hanzou's cannot.).
Useless super cancel.

Fuuma's probably my best character for destroying the bosses due to this combo:

jump-in Strong Punch, standing close Strong Punch, :hcf: + Strong Kick, :qcb: + Strong Kick (Timing's different depending on positioning; immediately out in the open/late in the corner.), dp + punch during :qcb: + Kick.